cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make the enhancements to standard data source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

we are trying to extract the data using the datasource 0FI_4_AR. But according to the requirement ...

1. some fields are directly present in 0FI_4_AR.

2. some fields are present in the extract Structure of 0FI_4_AR--- DTFIAR_3.

3. Some of the fields are present in the SAP R/3 tables.

How can we add the fields present in the extract structure and fields of SAP R/3 to datasource.

Please kindly advice, how can we do the extraction from R/3 to BW in above 3 scenario's. or let me advice the enhancement steps in above 3 scenario's.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Syam Reddy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

Enahncing the Data Source is nothing but adding fields to DS. and we need to populate the data for the 2 fields through the ABAP Coding.

1. go to RSA6 select DS go with Enhance DS, System will propose structure name click on enter. Then it will take you to the Data Dictionary Structure Maintainenance screen provide the field names that's not available in the Standard one.

2. Activate the Structure.

3. go to CMOD. check is there any projects available for

BW. Press F4 ...you could see all the Projects. If not create one.

provide enhancement assignment RSAP0001. click on components. select 1st function module(for Transactional DS). it contains one include, we need to write code in that include.

Note: if RSAP0001 already assigned to any project we can't assign twice. we need to write the in the existing project.

Search in the forum for enhancements you will get lot of material.

<b>Tell me which fields we need to enhance i can helpyou outto write the code if you don't know ABAP.</b>

all the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

thanx for providing the information, this giving us to work more interestly because myself is very new to development. thanx again.

Here is one more issue.

the fields <b>AMOUNT IN LOCAL CURRENCY (BSEG-WRBTR)</b> and <b>DOCUMENT HEADER TEXT (BKPF-BKTXT)</b> are not present in the DATASOURCE <b>0FI_AR_4.</b>

please help me to enhance the above mention fields to Datasource using ABAP.

Best Regards

Syam Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

i will go through the DS. i will let you know.

All the best,

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shyam,

can you check this code and let me know. I'm expecting the appended new fields are ZZBKTXT and ZZDMBTR. One more thing you gave field for amount in Documetn Currency. I wrote the code for Amount in local Currency. Can you please check it out and let me knwo. If you find any issues debugg the code and try to trace the error. declare global declarations.

CASE I_DATASOURCE.

WHEN '0FI_AR_4'.

LOOP AT C_T_DATA INTO WA_FI_AR_4.

Z_HOLD_INDX = SY-TABIX.

select single BKTXT from bkpf into WA_FI_AR_4-ZZBKTXT

where bukrs = WA_FI_AR_4-bukrs

and belnr = WA_FI_AR_4-belnr

qnd gjahr = WA_FI_AR_4-FISCPER+0(4).

select single dmbtr from bseg into WA_FI_AR_4-ZZdmbtr

where bukrs = WA_FI_AR_4-bukrs

and belnr = WA_FI_AR_4-belnr

and gjahr = WA_FI_AR_4-FISCPER+0(4)

and BUZEI = WA_FI_AR_4-buzei.

MODIFY C_T_DATA FROM WA_FI_AR_4 INDEX Z_HOLD_INDX.

ENDLOOP.

endcase.

All the best.

Regards,

Nagesh Ganisetti.