cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon SAP very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi expert !

My system includes PRD, DEV and QA. All system configured all parameter of SAP and Oracle for optimize

In previous time, all systems logon very quickly -> take 2-3 second

In present, DEV system logon very slow

When I type username and password -> Enter -> status Loading Data very slow

My DEV systems logon is slower than other systems, it take 5-10 second. While other systems take 2-3 second

Please help me ....i don't know the reason

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think its all about finding the bottleneck... if its not a network issue then i'll check that the box have enough resources, then chech DB and finally check for problems at parameter level in SAP.

Regards

Juan

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

stian_windsland2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

This is a very old case. I experienced the same problems. And found the solution, which was not related to network at all.

The problem is when a user gets WAY to much roles/access, or too heavy roles in some systems. For example some give users a role in development system, which is basically a copy of SAP_ALL. Then SAP have to buffer all these authorizations every time the users logs in.

Hence a slow logon in development, and faster in production.

Rgds

Stian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Was some patching don on the system and sgen scheduled after that.

Are you geting the oracle statiscs updated at perodic basis.If not then get the update statiscs schedule and check after the update statiscs finished.You can use Brtools to schedule the statiscs fron os level also.

ateThanks

RIshi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

since your logon is slow.check your h/w have enough resources.Also check your buffers ,

swap entries(st02)check for red strip there.ALso see for long running programs which

cause bottlenecks & also check hit ratio.i suggest you go through book BC315.

i hope it helps../

regards,

vivek.

jens_hoetger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

maybe you are starting in DEV system with the 'User Menu' in the tree view instead of the 'SAP Menu'? If your set of authorities is big (as I suppose on a DEV system) this takes much more time than building the tree view with the SAP Menu.

HTH

Jens Hoetger

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I type username and password -> Enter -> status Loading Data very slow , take 5-10 second

ping DEV system respond time 1ms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check development server response time from your system by pinging the development system.

2. Check file system of your development system and do the cleaning to free the file system.

3.Please check table space also.

Thanks & Regards,

Vidyadhar K