cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Form printing issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while printing Invoice form some details are being cut-off at the bottom . Though it shows properly on screen but when we take out the printout its being cut from the bottom...tried in many printers.

Pls suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sounds like you are filling the page all the way to the bottom... try to decrease the height of your main window or move the footer window up a little bit.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread as we are going to reduce the window size of the form.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another printer specific option.

With spad you can shift the output of sapscripts and smartforms horizontal and vertical.

This can be done in the output attributes in spad.

Maybe your problem is solved if you shift the output a little up.

success, Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

First check the page format given in the smartform and try to adjust the main window size, looking like, there is no restriction you have put for mian window.

Rgds,

Sripal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Restriction as in ?? The Position and Size are maintaind there,,,I believe reducing the window size may help..but not sure..

Has any one else got any other suggestion ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just wanted to re post the details :

Invoice form is being cut-off at the bottom - regardless of printer used (local or network). Displays on-screen correctly.

Issue is only when taken the printout.

Pawan_Kesari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check what page size the form has in SE71/Smartforms transaction, and what is the page size of paper on which you are printing .

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you fill your page all the way to the theoretical limit on the bottom, it can happen that printers will cut off the very bottom, even though it will show properly on the screen.

Not all printers are capable of really printing to the bottom few millimeters of a page.

Either that, or - as it was suggested by others in this thread - there is a mismatch between the form's paper setting and the printer setting or paper in the printer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Page Format used in the form is in Portrait format.

Width 210 Unit MM

Height 280 Unit MM

And Printer Paper size is

Width : 8.5 inch

Ln: 11 inch

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, 11 inches = 279.4 millimeters.

Your height of 280 millimeters is above that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thats correct..thats y I am trying to work on that...Thanks alot .

Former Member
0 Kudos

we tried with paper size of 11*17 inches also but its not solving the problem?? Is there any settings needs to be done by Basis ?? any idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your page length specified (11 Inches) still doesnt not seem to be catering to the matter to be printed on the page.

2 options -

-> Increase the length of ur Page beyond the current limits

-> Another option is to play with the Paragraph formats and Character formats being used in teh page. If we could remove teh unwanted line spacing in the smartform page design. Basically this approach is to shrink and fit the matter that we have in the existing page size.

Let me know if this works for you or you need more info on the same.

Have a good day ahead!

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey I tried reducing the line spacing of paragraph format but it doesn't help. IF you have any more suggestion I would really appreciate that...anyways now I am going to try reducing the window size ...not sure if that would help either.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also you can check the page format which is used in the form and the one which is used to take out the print at the physical printer.

Means the paper size DINA4 and A4 at the printer.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adjust your footer ( or bottom window) window to the printer page format size.