SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS-Retail: Forecast Parameters

dave_barnett2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

We are on ECC 5.0 IS-Retail. We are NOT running the separate Forecast & Replenishment application, simply the forecast/replenishment within IS-Retail.

I am trying to get a better understanding of the various forecast parameters and how they impact forecast & replenishment results. For example: Forecast model, Initialization, Model Selection, Parameter optimization, Tracking Limit, Automatic Reset, Selection Procedure, Optimization Level, Weighting Group, Correction Factors, Alpha/Gamma/Beta/Delta. Mostly the "Control Data" parameters on the RP/Forecast View of article master in Logistics:Store.

The online help gives a limited amount of description of these parameters.

Is there a training course, or detailed documentation explaining the impact of these parameters?

I don't see a training course, other than for SAP F&R, which we are not using.

I searched SDN, Service Marketplace, SAP Help, etc. and have not found useful documentation that goes into DETAILS of how these parameters should be used.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave.

Replenishment (with and without F&R) is part of SAP IRT330 Planning, Purchasing, Merchandise Distribution.

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/011000358700000540112007E

Unfortunately, I don't know how detailed the parameters you mentioned are part of the training.

Regards

Tobias

Edited by: Tobias Koenig on Sep 17, 2009 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos