cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need documentation to build ftp process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am new to PI 7 and I am trying to create a FTP process to send a file from a external server to SAP. I am using the intregration builder to build the process. I am looking at some processes that have already been built to help me create my process. these processes use the communication component, communication channel, and integrated configurations. I am trying to find some documentation that tells me how to code these sections and what values get populated in the various tabs. example - I am not sure what a namespace is and where it gets built.

thanks in advance for the help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member750652
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TImothy,

In order to run the scenario using FTP you need to have FTP installed on your local machine( If any FTP doesn't exist). You can make your own system as FTP server by installing a free software (GUILD ftp) you can refer the follwing blog to install it and in the communication channel parameters. specify the corresponding FTP parameters (Port,Log on credentials etc.,) as mentioned by the Experts above.

FTP Installation process:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3417700)ID0597094750DB10157703256611146144End...

Make sure that FTP is working fine .To test the FTP in CMD prompt try to ping "ftp://<ipaddress>" it will point to the location in FTP where u have created folders if connection is sucessfull.

Thanks,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

these processes use the communication component, communication channel, and integrated configurations.

example - I am not sure what a namespace is and where it gets built.

The objects created for you are in ID. You need to create objects in ESR first - SWCV, Namespaces, DT, MT, Service Interface, MM, Operation Mappings. Once these are done, then you jump to ID objects and do the rest of the configurations like Communication Channels, Sender Agreement, receiver agreement, Interface Determination and Receiver determination.

Please search for blogs on SDN for beginners, that will help you.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timothy,

Do you mean you are trying to configure FTP sender comm. channel and you are unable to find the parameters needs to be used? If yes then please see this help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish