cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM_ABAP_API - Inconsistency in configuration

richard_howard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We followed Veul Pillai's blog on how to setup a BI connection to MDM. The steps are very straightforward and logical but we've yet to get it to work.

Following the MDM 5.5 How To Guide 7 that is part of the MDM ABAP API, we created an ABAP program that includes the activation of trace on the MDM_ACCESSOR_CONNECT function module so that we could see more of what the connection is doing but it's not very useful (shown below).

Does anyone have any insight on this error?

"Inconsistency in configuration. Check server, DBMS, type DGA_Article repository"

DGA_ARTICLE is a standard respository for 5.5 content (55640_ARTICLE.a2a).

MDM 5.5 SP06 Patch 04

BI 7.0 SP19

I MDE_TRACE 007 Class : Method GET_INSTANCE ended

I MDE_TRACE 006 Class \CLASS=CL_MDM_PROVIDER_55_SP06_PL04: Method IF_MDM_ACCESSOR~CONNECT started

E MDM_ABAP_API 071 Inconsistency in configuration. Check server, DBMS, type DGA_Article repository

I MDE_TRACE 006 Class : Method MDM_ACCESSOR_DISCONNECT started

Edited by: Richard Howard on Sep 16, 2009 9:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Check your DMBS Name and MDM Server connection...Try to give the same name identical and try.

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

0 Kudos

We also had the problem. The cause was a wrong Host Name in the mdmapic transaction. We inserted the Host Name of the MDM server, but expected was the instance name of the MDM Database.

That solved our problem

Best regards

Andreas Staudenecker

Edited by: Andreas Staudenecker on Jan 12, 2010 6:08 PM

richard_howard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh. We are 5.5 SP06 Patch04.

My second post to this thread has the FM that does successfully connect to MDS and brings back a list of all the repositories. But when we run MDM_ACCESSOR_CONNECT, it fails with the config error I documented at the start.

We've opened a case with SAP on this. There appears to be something that is not working as it should and they are taking a deeper look.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Please let me know whether you are in MDM5.5. or MDM 7.1 . Also let me know whether the Function module is pulling the Mounted Repository or not... I recently configured MDM API for 7.1 and for us the connectivity works fine..

Based on your answer , i will write the solution...

Thanks

Ganesh Kotti

richard_howard
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We made some progress ... see Note [1029471|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1029471]

We tested using Function Module MDM_ADMIN_RETRIEVE_MNTED_REPS and got back a result set of all the repositories in our DEV MDM system. So it appears the connection to the Master Data Server is being made.

Hmmm. There is something specific to the config for connecting to a repository that is not quite right.