cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I have sales order with quantity say 100 Litres for material X. This 100 litres can be packed either in 5L tin or 20L tin. Suppose customer asks 20L tin. So we need 5 tins to deliver.

Under current settings, I face the characteristic Packaging Tin with values 5L, 20L. when I create the sales order. So I choose 20L. Order quantity is 100L from sales order.

The BOM for component X has two components Packaging Tin too, one for 5L and another for 20L.

I maintained the component quantity of TIN to be 1 EA. I want this quantity to get changed based on the requirement from customer. This number of Tins required should be 100/20=5 since customer asked 100L in 20 litres of tin.

This is the question. How do I change Packaging* component quantity with VC dependency?

So far, I created the Characteristic Order_Quantity with table assignment as VBAP-KWMENG.

Another characteristic is BOM_Comp_Quant with table STPO-Menge in additional data tab.

I created two dependencies as $BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 5

$BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 20 and assigned it to respective components in BOM.

On creating sales order, packaging component selection is done correctly but its quantity doesnt change.

Please advise urgently. Do I need to do something in recipies as well.

Cheers

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created two dependencies as $BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 5
$BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 20 and assigned it to respective components in BOM.

On what basis you are dividing order quantity?? So please create dependency like

If Packaging Tin EQ 5

$BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 5,

If Packaging Tin EQ 20

$BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 20

try and revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Yadav, but it didnt work.

Let me explain again.

A---B

-

C

-

D

-

E

Component A has comp B, C. Comp C has sub comp D,E. Base quantity = Comp Qty = 1 has been set.

Comp C is packagin material with unit each. Hence D is 50 Litres package and 2 is 20 Litres package.

Hence when customer orders Comp A as 500 Litrs in a tin of 50 litres, component D should get selected with quantity 5. Characteristic to select the packaging size i.e either 50L or 20L is already created.

for this reason, I created dependency $BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 50 and assigned to comp D. Comp E has been assigned $BOM_Comp_quant = Order_Quantity / 20 dependency.

Cheracteristic BOM_COMP_Quant is assigned to table STPO-Menge.

The quantity calculated currently is weird. For ex for 500L, the comp D calculated is 12500 which makes no sense.

Please help.

Cheers

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Why you are making things complex??

Let A be the class with char. B and C.

Comp C is packagin material with unit each.

Hence when customer orders Comp A as 500 Litrs in a tin of 50 litres, Characteristic to select the packaging size(Say Char. F) i.e either 50L or 20L is already created. Select F as '50L'.

So the logic could be:

Make Procedure dependency at CU01.

If $Self.F EQ '50L'

$Self.C = Order_Quantity / 50,

If $Self.F EQ '20L'

$Self.C = Order_Quantity / 20.

and assigned to configuration profile as CU35 for your material type.

try and revert