cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calling adobe form from webdynpro abap view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some help. The situation is: I have created a Adobe form interface as well as a form using the SFP transaction. Now, I have a webdynpro screen with a button, which upon pressed must give the output of the PDF form.

I tried the following steps:

1. Call function 'FP_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'

2. Call 'FP_JOB_OPEN'

3. Call the generated function module name

4. Call FP_JOB_CLOSE.

The procedure works fine when I use the same code in a report program. It opens a dialog box where there is a option for Print preview and it displays the PDF.

But when I try to replicate the same, it does not work in Webdynpro for ABAP. Any suggestions as to how to go about this problem?

regards,

Praveen Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_meisl
Active Contributor

Hi Praveen

have you included the form UI element in your Web Dynpro app? It is the placeholder for the PDF to be displayed.

When you use Web Dynpro, you do not need to include the below steps used for generating a print (non-interactive) form, the framework should do it all for you as long as you have set up the Web Dynpro screen correctly.

Cheers,

Markus Meisl

SAP NetWeaver Product Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply. I haven't used the form UI element. I just needed to display the adobe form (non-interactive) upon clicking the button.

In case I use a form UI element, how and where do I specify the PDF form that needs to be displayed?

Also, if I use form UI element, will I have the option of saving the PDF form?

Can you provide me with the steps to be taken for solving my problem? Or if any tutorial is available, the links would be great.

regards,

Praveen Kumar

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

there is documentation on the Web Dynpro for ABAP integration of Interactive Forms in the SAP Help Portal at http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/aa/940ee5331b4b8fa0a6cb6714dc5db4/frameset.htm which should answer most of your questions.

You specify the form to be used during the design of your Web Dynpro application (you are prompted to determine it when you insert the UI element).

You can save the form from the Reader toolbar, the question would be why would you want to do this and not use a proper download screen.

A proper tutorial is planned to be available in June. Until then, check the ABAP page in SDN for some e-learning / webinar recording), or directly here: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/media/uuid/c766e918-0b01-0010-99b1-c2b78...

Cheers,

Markus

Answers (0)