Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supply Function and ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys!!!

Please help me out in this issue.

In my WDP Component's Component Ctrl Contex, I have node SFLIGHTS and in that there is another node BOOKINGS.

The SFLIGHT node gets populated with the help of Service Call. (The service call method is invoked, when user clicks SEARCH Button)

For BOOKINGS node, I have written a Supply Function.

My requirement is to display Bookings data in an ALV Format.

When I bind BOOKINGS node to DATA node of ALV, I am getting a short dump.

"The node specified in mapping ( BOOKINGS) could not be found "

Regards,

Praveen Tangirala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the issue resolved....

Where have you bound the booking node.....

Regards,

Lekha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet resolved.

The BOOKINGS node is binded to DATA node of ALV Component's Context.

As I was unable to resolve the issue, I felt there is some problem in using ALV Component for displaying Child node data when it is filled via Supply Function.

I tried other way to display BOOKINGS node data in ALV. I created a Custom Controller and did a context mapping from Component Controller's BOOKINGS node to Custom Controller's Context Node.

Now I tried to bind this Custom Controller's Node to ALV Components DATA node. Still I got a dump.

Here I got one more doubt. A Custom Controller is not instantiated any where in the above scenario. I was taught that Custom Controller is instantiated during the first time call of any method in that Controller. In the above scenario I am not calling any method of Custom Controller.

As a beginner in WD4A, I am trying lot hell of methods to achive my requirement.

Help me out

Regards,

Praveen