cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAster data CIF issue" Error- No supplying plant defined"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL

WE have an issue wiht CIF master data. This issue is after upgarding our APO system from SCM 4.1 to SCM 7.0. Our R/3 system is same at 4.5B.

Our MAster data CIF job failed dued with error MAterial A11 no Supplying plant is defined. However Plant is already existing in APO and also MAterial Plant plant commbination.

we tested various Scenarios in CIF models . And job is failing for below scenarios

Jobs are failing for 4 products and 2 location combinations.

Locations X,y.

Materials:

Say, A11, A22,A33,A44

CIF jobs are passing when I filter above 2 locations .

Another situations when I filter all the above materials and above locations included , here also job went through successfully.

Job are failing if any include any of above material and locations together.

So problem I could see is in the above locations and some products, and these products are flagged for deletions in both R/3 and APO.

I noticed that there are many other products which are flagged for deletion for these locations which went through successfully.

I went further to nvestigae and comapred data in R/3 MARC table and noticed that Field APOKZ is populated differently for material locations which are failing these material have value 3 for APOKZ filed and if the VAlue is blank for other materil which are flagged for deletion are succesfully going throug.

Can anyone advice if this might be the cause if if yes how does APOKZ fdiled gets populated in R/3 and any suggested solution.

Thanks

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

Exactly what type of IM model is failing? 'Supplying plant' is an odd SCM error message. Usually, when you generate an error in SCM dealing with plants, the message will mention 'location' instead of plant. Is this a Purchase Info Record?

Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

1) Check whether the locations in APO are maintained prior to ciffing.

2) Check Locations are attached to active model

3) Bom & routing (source of supply) is defined for the location product

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies. However I ran RAPOKZFX Report many times but did nto help. Also these locations are already existing in APO.

thanks

siva

Edited by: Siva on Sep 17, 2009 10:09 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Just a thought:

Could you check if your location has not change in R/3 from plant to DC?

Check the note type for your two plant in R/3:

SPRO

Production

Distribution Resource Planning (DRP)

Basic Settings

Maintain assignment of node type u2013 plant

Are your plant defined as DC? if yes, check if you have a DC in APO. If no check if you have a plant in APO.

Regards

Julien

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siva,

APOKZ should be updated automatically as you create/activate/deactivate your Integration models. However, sometimes it can get out of synch. In your R/3 system, run report RAPOKZFX periodically to keep these entries up to date.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/201516

Regards,

DB39