cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can two ECC instances share a common user store?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We currently have an ECC system that supports HR, FI, MM, PP, many others . . . We want to split off HR on to a seperate instance for security reasons mostly. If we have then have 2 seperate ECC production instances can they share a common user store? More specifically can we point the HR ECC instance to use the MFG instance for a user store? Or would we need to maintain seperate user stores? The HR instance will require every user in the company to be maintained for Self-service functionality. We would also need to have most users in the MFG instance as well for day to day activities. This would mean additional administrative overhead and SAP would charge us for the same users twice.

Is this possible? If so, how is it done? If not, how do other companies manage seperate HR instances?

Thanks,

Shelby

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the CUA concept, it may be what you need.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use CUA for ECC and BI currently. I'm concerned with not duplicating users across multiple ECC user stores. Is there a way to avoid this? We don't want to be charged for the same users twice by SAP.

Thanks for the reply.

Shelby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your problem is not technical but a licence problem.

If you decide to use 2 production systems and have some users declared in both system (whatever the technical user store), I would be very surprised if your SAP licence would allow you to pay only once per user.

If SAP were a charity, it would be known...

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obviously. That is why I want to use only one user store. Is it possible? Is there anyone else out there who is in a similar situation where HR is seperate from the rest of the ECC system? How do you have users setup?

Thanks,

Shelby

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you should contact you SAP Account Manager to discuss your strategy regarding licensing.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our SAP account manager said this was fine. We can have as many production instances as we need. The licensing is based on our ERP instance and not the HR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Well, if your SAP account manager says it is OK, the solution to pay only once per user is to set the Contractual User Type Id to "11 Multi-Client /System User" in the second system and to set the Chargeable User as the user in the first system.

Regards,

Olivier