cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete Transaction Data!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of migrating HR onto its own box - Up until now it has been on the same box as FI/CO, MM, SD etc...

We will be migrating onto a server of the same hardware, DB, platform etc, so there wont be any problems.

We will only have a cut-over period of 1 - 2 days, and can only lock the R/3 system for 1 day if we really have to.

What we have decided to do is make on online backup of the old system. We will then restore onto the new server. Once done, we will pull the change logs onto the new system, and synchronise the systems.

The old system is a 2 terabyte system, so we will be replicating it on the new server. Obviously we don't need all the other modules' transactional data, so we need to get rid of this on the new box to free up space so that we can re-allocate the disc space.

Because the new HR system does not need any of the FI/CO/SD/MM transactional data, we don’t want to archive it - We just want to get rid of it. Obviously the first choice is to archive the data and then delete it, but this will probably not be possible due to time constraints. My manager is keen on the idea of deleting transactional data directly from the tables just to free up data - I'm obviously not keen on the idea, but what other options are there??

Please let me know if there is any way I can do this without loosing SAP support or messing up the system...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello David,

a helpfull ressource could be

service.sap.com/slo (System landscape optimization)

That's a group inside Sap which is developing tools for system merges and system conversions. But as far as i know,you'll get thier tools only together with consulting.

Getting rid of data via archiving - that would be a quite long way - because most of the archiving object check data via transaction logic : they only archive an object if it's finished in the view of business logic. And these copied data will never get finished..

Regards Wolfgang

Answers (0)