Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to resset the "Deactivated" password of user in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

In SU01, the password status for user is "password Deactivated".

I have resset the password but while trying to login to the system, user is getting an error.

Can anyone please help me to reactivate the password for user?

Thanks in Advance.

with kind Regards

Santosh.

7 REPLIES 7

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error message? for your information, there is no such special action required to Reset or assign new a password if it was deactivated originally. Same procedure as setting initial password for a new user id.

regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SU01,click change button and go to logon data,click password activate button.

type new password now there and save.

Now pls aks user to check it.

Basically we have to enable the password then type new one.

Please let me know if you have still issue

Thanks

Baskar R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which release and SP level are you on?

Have you had any CUA used in any client of this system?

Do you have any Single-Sign-On mechanisms in place, and how does the system react to a password based authentication (from the SAPGui?) when logging on without a password?

Also check in SU01 which User Type this user has?

It cannot be excluded completely that your config and use of the system contradicts itself.

However in honesty, in most cases I have seen the problem is just training about using CaSE sENsITivE passwords. People who always use the same password often don't notice their little typing errors.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi,

The system is a connected to CUA i.e. the system is a child system connected to CUA.

The user type is a "Dialog" and sup. pkg lvl is 222

SSO is not used for this system and the system is BBPCRM 3.1.

I clicked on "Activate" button and then generated the new password but still it is not working.

0 Kudos

Hi,

so a child system of the cua is affected. Then you need to reset the password at the entry screen of SU01. Afterwards check in SCUL if the reset is processed properly in the child system. The pwd_init-idoc has to be processed in the child, SCUL should show a green status....

Then try again to log in...

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Hi,

But, we are resseting the passwod in child system iteslf. It is not controlled from CUA.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi,

did you apply the notes 815054 and 1006276 already?