cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"ListenerRfc : unknown error" in communication with the IGS from the WAD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I face a problem with the charts in the web template I built. The source query shown as a table is normally presented but the views from the same query are not displayed at all. The diagnostic message refers to an internal error met during the communication with the IGS. The system activities messages text is "ListenerRfc : unknown error".

Anybody could give me a hand in that case?

Thanks in advance.

Geo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Geo,

seems the IGS(to display chart) server not working properly, perhaps down,

you can use following program (SE38) to test

BW_IGS_CHART_TEST

GRAPHICS_IGS_CHART_TEST

default name for destination igs rfc is IGS_RFC_DEST.

hope this helps.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Geo ,

Log into the BW Server through Windows remote and check the services , there will be a service for IGS which has to be running.

Arun

P.S I have given the scenario for Windows but there should be equivalent options for other Operating Systems.

Awarding points is a way of saying thank you on SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The programs you gave refers to IGS_RFC_DEST as the default name for destination IGS RFC. It still doesn't work even with the solution presented by Vikash!

Thanks for this step ahead.

Geo

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Geo,

what's the message ?

that program just to test whether igs working or not, to solve the problem you may need basis guy's help,

ask them to check the igs server, it may down (or actually not installed ?), is there any rfc destination for igs in sm58 ?

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The connection is Ok. I asked the admnistrator to restart the server because the IGS was desactivated yesterday in a reboot. The IGS works now... when it wants.

I face a new message : "ListenerRfc: unknown interpreter". It seems the problem is not over.

When I launch the dashboard in the web from the WAD, sometimes it shows the chart of the 1st item with the old message for the 2nd or the new message for the 1st one and a chart for the 2nd item.

Deep thanks for your help. I need nevertheless to solve the problem.

Geo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Geoffroy,

I have the same problem.

IGS service is OK.

My graphic has a width restricted (for printable version). I have change a scale format and my graphic does not work with error "ListenerRfc : unknown error". If I go back with old scale format, it is OK.

I think it is possible it is a problem of width size (like me)

best regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the problem with your IGS, check your IGS installation.

there is a report to check successful installation run that ( unfortunately I don't rememeber the name) check on SAP help.

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vikash,

The installation is OK in sm59. It still doesn't work even with the solution presented by AHP!

Thanks.

Geo