cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refresh a drop-down list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does somebody know how to refresh a drop-down list depending on the value of a variable in the STORE ? Moreover,

I'm not able to refresh the whole modele.

thanks for advance

Damien

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you put the STORE variable as the input of the dynamic Drop down function, it will reload whenenever the store variable will change.

but it depends what version of VC you are using, since there were some issues with dynamic drop downs in older versions that were fixed completley for SP20 and EhP1 (7.01) SP5

both are out on SMP.

you can instal VC SCAs only, since generally VC is disconnected from other NetWeaver components, but do it on your own risk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, but It does'nt work. Drop down list seems to refresh only at the initialisation of the iview... another idea ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

well.. what I told you should work...

I recently fix all the drop-downs issue (as part of my day job as a Developer in the VC team ), that's why I'm asking on

which version are you on...

but maybe... did you try referencing the store with a hidden expression box, and using this expression box as a input parameter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm using VC 701.4.0.1

I'm wrong. It's working, but only when I plug my first form (where I chose the variable) on the input on my second form (where is my dropdown list), it works. But I need to plug a third form(an other form where I can change the value) on my second form, and it's not possible.

I don't know if i'm clear ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

indeed it sounds a little not clear...

I can tell you these two things:

1) if you want to reference a fields that is on the 1st form in the 2nd form, you can do it without connecting them,

just press the "Dynamic Expression" button on the right of the Dynamic List Input field, and drag the field from the list

it will look something like that #ID[AADXXX]@FieldName

2) if you want to "connect" two forms to another form, you can:

a) use the "Switch" operator that exists in the EhP releases (like in your case)

b) create signal out from the 2 forms and a signal in in the lonely form, all with the same names, and with the same fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amir

I had the same probably the original poster has, I could not get dynamic dropdown to work and it would only refresh at initialization. Is there a version that fixes this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes 7.0 SP20, and 7.01 SP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Effectively, my version is 7.01 SP4.

So the only way I found, is to create as my dropdown list as input parameters, and display only one depending on this input parameter. It's a little bit less efficient, but I've no other way.

Thank you

Answers (0)