cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk STATUS PROFILE Customising

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Your advice on this ASAP would be much appreciated!

I have configured a new status profile (as a copy of SLFN) and have added some extra statuses...

[Click here to see my Status Profile|http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5620/userstatus.png]

My question to you:

At the moment, when a message is set to CLOSED then no further changes are possible.

BUT I would like to have an exception...where the status CAN be changed to REOPEN by some users (I have created an authorisation code for this already) and then the message can be fully editable.

I think there's a problem with the settings for transaction control of Closed status...

[Transaction Control settings behind status CLOSED|http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/7092/transactioncontrol.png]

Has anyone managed to do this?

Thanks in advance,

Priya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For your requirement, remove the value FINI from the last column of closed status and maintain INPR.

FINI means FINAL

regards

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen, thanks for your reply.

I have tried using INPR but the same issue still occurs, either the entire ticket can be modified or nothing can be changed (including status).

Can someone please advise me on the transaction control settings?

At the moment I am using "Change Document = Forbidden" then I can't change anything, and "Change Document = Allowed" then I can change everything.

Also, one further requirement that was not in my original post is...

When status is Closed, I would also like the customer to be able to Confirm the message in workcenter and make no further changes until it has been reopened again in the GUI.

Keeping my fingers crossed for some more help....

Thanks again!

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Priya,

You are correct. Set Change Document = Allowed under Transacion Control settings for CLOSED Status to allow the Document to be Edited.

0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

From my point of view, you can't use the customizing like "Change Document = Forbidden" in your situation, because it can't process the exception you need. I'd like to suggest to look at BADI CRM_ORDER_ADD_AUTH_CHECK so to have an ability to limit the changeability based on additional user logic. In this way the standard customizing should be "Change Document = Allowed" in the status CLOSED.

Best Regards,

Vadim Shmarin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank you for all your replies.

I'm not sure that what I wanted to do was even possible, because the options I had were either to make the whole crm order changeable, or none of it at all...neither would have been suitable.

The business requirement has now changed and therefore I no longer need to get the Re-Open status working.

Kind regards,

Priya

Answers (0)