cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can userids be maintained after a system copy from production?

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

My intention is to do a system copy from production to a NEW server that has been configured with SAME OS, SAP version, SQL version etc. The purpose for this NEW server is to do a soft Go Live of configurations that will GoLive Jan. 2010.

My current plan is to take an extract from Production using the sapinstall tools for export, and use the same tools to import (system copy option) to the NEW server.

After this has completed, the security(userids) in the NEW server will reflect that of Production... I would like to have the security(userids) that exist in QAS (which is where we have developers, functional etc... userids that will need to confirm the results of the GoLive)

My question is...

Can I export (using system copy 'SCCL') from QAS with the WHICH?profile

I need this process and option to extract into a transport type package so that I can import into the NEW server.

Please advise,

Regards,

Maria

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

SCCL is used only for local client copy i.e. copy the client within same system.In case you want to copy the users form one system to another system the recommended method is client export import.

This procedure you have to do with Tcode scc8 & for user you need to choose profile SAP_USER. This willcraete three transport request in trans file .Copy these data & cofile from this system to target system .After succefull import you need to run SCC7 tcode to completed post processing steps in target system.

Hope this will solve your query in details.

Thanks...

Mohit

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Rohit,

That's correct , I have use SCC8 in the past, but wanted to confirm using the transports between systems.

I beleive it should not be any different than any other transport that I move between systems

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats correct its none other than a simple tranport.

Thanks..

Mohit

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Last question... (I think

I can do the export while clients are logged on correct?

Maria

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Clients are logged in means?

You meant users? If yes. then it is better to lock all the dialog user before taking and user export. Reason is that, after importing those user, you might need to do some activity in the system..then if you have locked dialog user , u do not need to lock them again for administrative work.

In SCC8, select target system as same as the source system. Copy request <SID>KT00075 (00075 is just a number for example) number and later on import this one from STMS

After performing all your activity you can unlock all the locked users

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

will there be issues IF I don't lock users when I do the users export (client copy)

maria

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During client copy client remains lock normally. But your option is system copy right? as a measure of caution you can lock the user. Only problem can be there if someone logs in the system when you are performing some post system copy task. Why to take the risk?

If you are talking about SCC8, then lock the user ( only dialog) before taking an export.

Edited by: Anindya Bose on Sep 24, 2009 3:40 AM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

valeriocicchiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maria

you can execute transaction SCC8 with profile SAP_USER, which exports all the user related data from the client in which you run it. Then you can import the change request created in the target system

Hope this helps

Valerio

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

Good Morning Valerio

Thank you for the advice

I have named the SID on the NEW Sever the same as production. SO when I runn SCC8 on QAS, it WILL create a transport that can manually be moved and applied to the NEW server ( the NEW server is NOT part of the transport domain).

The result that I am expecting is that I will get all the userids and security profiles from QAS into the NEW server.

NOTE: we are also revamping our security roles/profiles, and I am also expecting to get these new structures from QAS into the new Server

thanks,

Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

You can mass export profiles/roles from QAS to your new server.

Not quite sure though how u transport the user masters when the server is not in the landscape.

Best Regards

Raghu.

MPGraziano
Participant
0 Kudos

That's not a problem... I would copy the co and data files thru the backend and add them to the transport system of the NEW server.

And the NEW server's SID is the same name of our production server

maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just use the profile SAP_USER to export the user master and profiles and make note of the transport and might give an warning

copy the cofile and data files

Import into the new server

Pravin