Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password problem after upgrade to ECC 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

We are upgrading to ECC6 from 4.6C. It seems as though some users' passwords are getting either scrambled or are not compatible with the new release. We did not change any password parameters. My password worked after the upgrade, but many users' are facing this problem. If I am reading SAP Note 1023437 correctly, any user's password that contained more than 8 characters or had a lower case letter in it will be incompatible on ECC 6. I know 4.6 had a maximum password length of 8 characters so I am a little confused. Is there anything we can do to get these users fixed without having to wait until they get locked out and deal with it on an individual basis?

Thank you,

Michael Jaynes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the setting of your profile parameter login/password_downwards_compatibility?

If the users are logging on for the first time and you are not permitting downward compatibility, then you either need to permit it or reset their passwords for them once -> to form the new PASSCODE hash.

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the setting of your profile parameter login/password_downwards_compatibility?

If the users are logging on for the first time and you are not permitting downward compatibility, then you either need to permit it or reset their passwords for them once -> to form the new PASSCODE hash.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Sorry for the slow reply. The current value is 1. Does that mean I am permitting downward compatible passwords?

0 Kudos

Have you read the documentation in RZ11?

Note that the parameter is dynamic, so what you could do is set it to "2" until the system log messages stop appearing -> then set it to "0" (unless you are using CUA and have a lower release child system in the landscape).

Cheers,

Julius