Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peculiar problem in SU01

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

We are facing a strange problem with transaction SU01 in our recently upgraded ECC 6.0 system.

The system was previously ECC 5.0.

When we try to reset the password for a user from the 'change password' option in the initial screen of SU01,it is just not working.After entering the password when we hit then enter key or press the 'tick' button, the screen just does not go and the password does not get reset as well.

However, if we go into change option for a user in SU01 and go the logon data tab and enter the new password for that particular user, that works and the password is reset for the user.

I have seen such a peculiar problem for the first time. If anybody has faced this before and has happened to resolve it, would be great if you could help us with the solution.

Regards,

Santosh Bhat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have seen such a peculiar problem for the first time. If anybody has faced this before and has happened to resolve it, would be great if you could help us with the solution.

I have seen this 3 times already, here in the forum.

One of them was on [_Feb 2, 2009. 9:01 AM_|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=%22Feb2%2C20099%3A01AM%22&objID=f208&dateRange=last90days&numResults=15&rankBy=10001]

Other search terms will work as well, but not be as precise...

Cheers,

Julius

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I have seen such a peculiar problem for the first time. If anybody has faced this before and has happened to resolve it, would be great if you could help us with the solution.

I have seen this 3 times already, here in the forum.

One of them was on [_Feb 2, 2009. 9:01 AM_|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?threadID=&q=%22Feb2%2C20099%3A01AM%22&objID=f208&dateRange=last90days&numResults=15&rankBy=10001]

Other search terms will work as well, but not be as precise...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I had this same problem myself when upgrading SRM from 4.0 to 5.0, and I resolved the issue and answered this question for someone else in another post:

--Matt

0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your prompt response.

My problem has been solved

I am already on Basis SP 19, so there was no question of applying support pakckages.

But like you mentioned, had to perform the steps mentioned in SE80 in order to solve the problem.

Regards,

Santosh Bhat