cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order with different distribution Channels.??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

how can i create sales order with different distribution channels.

I mean item level 10 = one distribution channel.

Item level 20 = another distribution channel.

also in Item level 30 also.... is it posible .?? how can i create ??

Thanksin Advance,

Anthyodaya.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can create the sales order with line item in different distribtion channels

Make sure that the customer is extended in all the distribtion channels.

And also the material is extended to the distribtion channels.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the mail.

I did t understand can u please explain me clear...

Thanks,

NAR

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthyodaya,

Go to MM01 and enter the material in both Material and copy from fields and press enter and select the fviews you want to copy this material to then you will get a screen with two views in which you have to maintain the sales area of the material to which you want to copy the material to and in copy from view you have to enter the sales area from which you are copying the material and enter and save the material. This process is nothing but creating the material in the other distribution channel aswell so that you can raise a sales order with the same distribution channel. Other wise when you enter the material which belongs to other distribution channel you will encouter a message "Material xxx-xxx-xxxx is not defined for sales org.xxxx, distr.chan.xx language EN". Coming to VOR1 ,This is for defining common distribution channel which means If you have maintained the material/customer master for one dictribution channel , you dont have to maintain the second one becuase first one will hold the master data for this distribution channel. Even after maintaining this system will take only the distribution channel maintained in the header. Kindly please let me know If you need any more Information on this.

Regards

Ram Pedarla

Former Member
0 Kudos

i wanted to create one slaes order with 3 distributon channels...???

i dont know what u r saying... i did t get u..

thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can create with three line items in three different distribtion channels.

For this maintain the Common distribtion channels in the Configuration under the Master data

SPRO->SALES & DISTRIBTION->MASTER DATA---> COMMON DISTRIBTION CHANNELS.

regards,

santosh

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please note this reply is not intended to prove someone is right or wrong, but only to get more clarity on the topic. Please find my understanding below and feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

If you maintian VOR1 ( Common Distribution Channel ) in cusotmizing, it means that you are telling the system to pull the data from the common distribution channel.

Lets do it with an example.

Sales Org: 3000

Common Distribution Channel : 00

Distribution Channel : Z1 -

>>>> Assigned to common distribution channel Z1.

Distribution Channel : Z2 -

>>>> Assigned to common distribution channel 00.

Common Division: 00

Define you material (say 111) in distribution channel 00 only (do not define in distribution channel Z1 or Z2)

Model 1:

Now enter the material as line item in a sales document with sales area: 3000/00/00 - it works. This is straight forward.

Model2:

Enter the material as line item in a sales document with sales area 3000/Z1/00 - it will not work. You get a message that the material is not defined in the sales area. This is the most important step to understand.

You will get an error stating - no pricing procedure could be determined. Please maintain the prcing procedure determination for the necessary sales areas. This is different error to the distribution channel concept we are discussing here.

Explanation:

The sytem does two checks here,

1. System first checks if the material master record has been defined for the sales area entered at the header level. In this case - the result is NO.

2. Now the system checks if there is a common Distribution channel defined for the distribution channel in the sales order header. If 'yes', the system pulls the data from the material master record of belonging to the common distribution channel. In our example the answer is again NO.

Hence the system throws an error.

.........................cont......

0 Kudos

...............cont.......

Model3:

Enter the material as the line item in a sales document with sales area 3000/Z2/00 (note - this distribution channel is assigned to common distribution channel 00)

Here the system will work perfectly fine.

Explanation.

1. System first checks if the material master record has been defined for the sales area entered at the header level. In this case - the result is NO.

2. Now the system checks if there is a common Distribution channel defined for the distribution channel in the sales order header. If 'yes', the system pulls the data from the material master record of belonging to the common distribution channel. In our example the answer is "YES'.

Hence the system works fine.

So the answer to Anthyodaya's question is :

We cannot have one sales order with line items from multiple distribution channels.

Defining common distribution channel (Tcode: VOR1) is intended only to save table space and master data maintenance effort.

In scenarios where the same master data is used for a number of distribution channels, rather than entereing the same master data for all the distribution channel, you set up a common distribution channel and indirectly tell the system to use this distribution channel for all the available distribution channels via transaction VOR1.

Cheers,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create one division which will be 00.

Then go to the VOR2 and maintain your setting like this.

3000 u2013 11 u2013 00 u2013 00

3000 u2013 12 u2013 00 u2013 00.

These way do your setting in VOR2 and now try to create your sales order with different division.

And check whether itu2019s allowing to create or not.

Regards

Raj.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

pending.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello. there are 2 ways you can go about this.

1. define common divisions... use this for pricing condition records and master data

2. define your sales order type using VOV8; there is a setting there on how to react when material line items have different divisions (i.e. no reaction, warning, error...), but the header division will be copied into the line items...

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear anthyodaya, it won't be possible in SAP. Please don't be rigid on your post and read the expert post for more clarification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thanksin Advance,

Anthyodaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

this is just to add some minor inputs:

1. strictly speaking, different distribution channels are not allowed in the same sales order, under default settings.

2. you can combine different distribution channels in a single sales order by making the settings in VOR1, but the result is that only 1 distribution channel in the document header is copied to all line items, so that you will see only 1 distribution channel for all items posted to tables like VBAP.

SAP came out with distribution channels as an organizational unit because it is common in the industry to have different SD conditions depending on how goods and services are distributed to the customer. therefore, you can set different pricing, discounts, other master data/condition records on the basis of distribution channels.

there are also situations wherein there are similar conditions among distribution channels that still require some degree of differentiation in reporting or grouping in conditions. therefore, common distribution channels are also featured.

whether to allow or disallow different distribution channels in the same sales order would depend on your requirements. butit is worth your while (as you are doing now) to understand the consequences of allowing such. having said that, i guess the next question you should ask is "why would i want to combine different distribution channels in the same order? are there other alternatives aside from combining these in the same order?"

regards and best wishes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the mail..

can u please explain me clear ... how to do...

Regards,

NAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jonatan.. thanks for the mail.

because we have the material in diferent distribution channel different price and in different plant.

Regards,

NAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAR

This is not possible in SAP. Neither you can customize this. You can not create sales order with the material in diferent distribution channel.

Close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In my view, it is not possible.

An order is created in one particular Sales Area and a Sales Area can have only one distribution channel.

As far as Common master data on Distribution Channel is concerned, it is not suitable here, I feel.

Beacuse, Mr.Anthyodaya has mentioned that many data are different in the Material master data as per distribution channel wise.

If, we do not want to differ the data in the Material master as per distribution channel wise, then instead of extending several time to different distribution channel, we choose one distribution channel as representative and create common master data.

The above is possible only "If, we do not want to differ the data within the Material master as per distribution channel wise ".

Where as here data are different for different distribution channel, so I think it is not logical to go for common master data.

Hence, I feel it is not possible to meet the requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friends.

although you can combine different divisions (and by extension, sales area) in an order, i have not tested combining different channels even with the common settings. i tend to believe this is not possible. however, i will test this for my own sake and will try to share the results.

many thanks and regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Anthyodaya,

You would not come across such a business process which would require two lines items in one sales order with different distribution channels. If that is the business requirement, it has to be designed as two different business processes.

Cheers,

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not possible to create one sales order with different distribution channels.Before we create the sales order it prompts you to enter the sales area which means , for which sales area you are creating that particular order.Then it will take you to next screen.But if u want to enter the materials belongs to different sales areas in same sales order ,all you can do is extend the materials to the required sales areas.

Hope this helps

Kanna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wht is extend the materials in teh required sales area..??

i did t understand can u please explain me clear...

Thank,

NAR.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain the value in VOR1 and VOR2 and try the process

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

One simple thing, Distribution channel is Header data which is common for all the items. So its not possible to create sales order with different distribution channel.

Thanks,

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its possible. First create one sales order with one distribution channel and then create sales oder with another distribution channel. problem solved. Correct me if i am wrong .

jagadish

aramsum
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthyodaya,

I dont think we can create a sales order with two different distribution channels in standard SAP.

Regards

Ram Pedarla