cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTR: Self checked-out error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to remove a folder in the DTR under an inactive workspace. I have successfully removed the folder under the DCs directory but cannot remove a folder under the SCs directory. When attempting to in NWDS 7.1, I'm receving the following error: "FAILED: The folder is self checked-out".

I thought I could just overwrite the folder when I re-upload the development component but this self checked-out is disabling that ability. Does anyone know how to remove this self checked-out? I've tried to find some documentation on this but have been unsuccessful. I've found documentation regarding if another user has the item checked out but it doesn't seem to correspond with my issue.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

Each DC inside your DCs folder has an entry point reference file inside the SCs folder with the extension ".dcref"

So, even if you delete all the DCs that are present under the DCs folder, but do not delete those ".dcref" files specific to each of those deleted DCs then, the deletion process is said to be partial & hence results into inconsistencies.

Also note that already checked out resources can't be deleted, so to delete those resources, you have to either "Check-In" all the open activities belonging to that perticular foler or you may have to revert those activities.

I hope my inputs may lead you to the right direction in resolving the issue.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya