Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDP ESS 'Known as' field missing

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Change Personal data WebDP iView is missing the Known As field.

How do I switch this on? Even better point me at the doco. Looked long and hard and not found anything...

Please help - seems such an obvious requirement. It's available in pa30 so why not in the iview...

TIA

J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi jambo,

ideally you should be using the table t_588m_ess to enable and disable any field that you may require. IT would be similar to configuring ur pa30 screens.

Use function group EHU5 and standard screen 0200 for the same.

But for some reason my changes are not getting effected. Try it out and let me know if u were able to it successfully.

sam

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jambo,

Which country application are you talking about? I can see it in my US application. Did you see in the code if you have visibility set to true?? Even if it is not there you can add one and bind it to model context varible. It is easy...

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was not able to control the fields that are displayed in ESS via T_588M_ESS.

I think, V_T588M_ESS is for the old ITS ESS services. I do not think it is for the new web dyn pro services.

Is there any special setting on the web dyn pro side that we need to do to control the fields that we want displayed in ESS. For example we do not want employees changing date of birth, SSN, marital status. We want these fields should be in display mode only.

Rachel

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info Santosh, would you care to elaborate?Eeverything is easy when you know how to do it, when you don't it's harder....

Do we need the JDI to or can we do it with just Dev Studio?

former_member182161
Participant
0 Kudos

HI jambo,

You need JDI. There is document on service market place search for "JDI Cookbook" in SAP Notes. You will see JDI information as well as importing ESS code into JDI. From there it is getting code to your Developer Studio and making changes to Web Dynpros.

Santhosh