cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM scripts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I wish to know, do we have an option of writing scripts in MDM as in other applications.

If yes where can we do this and in which language should the script be written?. I am on MDM 5.5 sp06.

Thanks

AJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not fully answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any other thoughts on this?

Appreciate your inputs

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

I want to make use of the MDM authorizations and User maintenance is such a way.

That say for eg:

I have a user maintained in MDM who has now left the company.the information of this user will be maintained at the company database level.I want that when the user is deleted from the company's database and a flag is set for that user .

Then within MDM we should be able to query a script to read that information and block the user back here in MDM.As the MDM users information in MDM remains isolated from the other applications and the user continues to maintain his id /pwd in MDM.

I am aware of the MDM Ldap integration.however i have some restriction in using that as, the number of Roles are too large in MDM.

So was thinking if i can use the scripting instead without having to integrate Ldap with MDM wholely.

Any suggestion or workarounds are welcomed.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

I understood your query completely but unfortunately there is no such provision to access outside applications from MDM Clients (Console or DataManager) however, you can make use of MDM Java APIs to achieve this.

1. Connect your extrenal or company level databse using Core java methods which fetches the users information.

2. Using MDM Java APIs fetch the users information for the particular MDM repository.

3. Compare whether the user exists or not in the database.

4. Using MDM Java APIs' classes and methods you can delete the users which no longer exists in your company's database.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitesh,

Can you please elaborate your solution a little more.

In your way of soution. will i need to connect MDM with Portal.

Else how other way can i use the MDM Java apis for this.

Thanks

AJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

No need to connect MDM with Portal in this scenario since we don't need to display anything to end users. Just you need java skills to achieve this. Simply create one java application using NWDS or any other java editor, make use of MDM Java APIs to fetch the MDM users and to perform the delete operations and core java functions to connect to external database.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amruta,

Can you please eloborate more what exactly you want to achieve?

In MDM there is no provosion to add custom functionality. You can do this using MDM Java APIs. We can provide you better information if you explain your query in detail.

Regards,

Jitesh Talreja