Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

distribution over the periods of costs on the operation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, gurus,

could you, please, answer my question.

How can be distributed over the periods planed and actial costs on the operations.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Costing by period is possilbe only for internal processing activity & general cost activity. Please chekc with type of activity you are using.

Please check out this help link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/4c/226f3a46e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using cost planning for activity, check your planning data in KP26 and specify distribution key there as 1.

Also refer this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/86/98853478616434e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all responses, but question is stil open

well, planned costs of Work center are distributed, that's ok

but costs of the assined manerial (Item Category - L) are reflected on the 1 or last day of the activity

is there are any solution to distribute costs of the assined material?

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in std SAP material cost will appear on the delivery date

you can define your own key for other plan costs

i do not think there is any exit to define material distibution, unless you use cost activity and distibute this using a key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria:

I completely agree with you. We have the same problem. I think there is a gap. I explain:

You assign a material component to a operation (10 units). This begins in 1/01/2013 and ends in 30/10/2013 (10 months) You assign a MRP distribution key (field Distribution, at General data tab) to split the whole quantity (10 units) over the duration of the operation. Material has item category 'L', so a reserve is created.

From logistic point of view: You can check, at TX MD04 that the requierement has been split. Good !! One unit each month. So you expect 1 unit per month. Accordingly, costs related to this operation should reflect this situation, one unit each month...

From cost point of view: All costs related to this material (10 units) are all assigned to the begining of the operation ! (1/01/2013) This feauture does not meet the an ERP principle (logistics planning and cost planning go together) Logistics planning is OK, however cost planning is not.

Can any of you solve this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Javier

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Virendra said, reschedule the project after you assign the key...you can refer this link also http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/4c/226f3a46e611d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maintain dist key in DistKeyCapRqIn field of network activity...cost will get distributed as per the key...for example SAP020 will distribute cost equally over the earliest dates of the activity.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this didn't help

for expl,

plan cost of my activity 900$ and duration 3 months

aim is to distribute cost for 3 month according to some rule, for exmp - steady

1st month 300$

2d - 300$

3d - 300$

and now in system i see all cost on the first month of the operation

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

has your network been scheduled

Former Member
0 Kudos

After you do your cost planning , go to CJ40 and specify the distribution key for the planning.You can either use a standard distribution key 1 which is equal distribution across periods or create your own distribution key in KPH1

Hope this helps

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Ritesh,

but this is used for distribution costs on the WBS

and i need to see distribution of the costs on the level of activity