cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC lookup problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am trying to do RFC lookup and i am getting the following Exception .

Exception caught !!! Attempt to use a node in another document without importing it first : org.w3c.dom.DOMException: Attempt to use a node in another document without importing it first

The response structure mentioned in the RFC is E_Plant_Value, but while parsing it show the response tag as Plant_Value.

Regards,

srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A Restart of the RFC communication channel and recreation of import and export parameters from SAP side solved this error after some trial and errors.

Thanks,

Srinvas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts!!

My RFC structure is like

Z_RFC_LOOKUP
   E_SALES_ORG
           ITEM
                       VKORG
                        WTERG
  I_MATNR
           ITEM
                        MATNR

I am sending MATNR as import parameter to UDF which does the RFC Lookup , the request xml is in correct strucutre ,but the response is not comming properly... it gives the above mentioned error. I checked the RFC in SE37 and also tested it with the MATNR values , the tables is maintained properly and it returns the VKORG ann WTERG values in SAP, but in XI the lookup fails ...

any pointers ???...

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I was able to get the response RFC structure but the response is not returning any values.

after the function rfcl.getresponsenode() which i used in the UDF, the structure which i print shows.

<SALES_AREA\>... the xml tag self ends, but it shouldnt be like that.

the expected result should be ..

<SALES_AREA>

<VKORG>

WE

<\VKORG>

<VTWEG>

</VTWEG>

i am not able to figure out why it ends like <SALES_AREA\>.when the same UDF returns a proper structure for the other RFC lookup.

when tested from ABAP side the rfc fetches correct values from the table all the time!!..

is there anything to be refreshed from Xi side... do i need to import RFC ... does it have to do with any matadata sort of thing like IDOC....

i imported RFC and was able to see the proper stucture for import and export parameters..

Tried creating new RFC , renamed the parameters ... ABAPer is all bugged up :)...Looking for XI rescue!!

any helping pointers !! .. full points assured

Regards,

srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

First map the whole response to the field. Remove all the necessary lines in the udf for getting any specific value. First get the whole response from RFC itself and see whether you are having any values for any of the fields. If you dont get then try to send the matnr input to the rfc with leading zeros. If you dont send leading zeros for the matnr the response will be null. So try to add leading zeros. Use formatnum after matrnr with 16 zeros in it and see.

Regards,

---Satish