cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base unit of measure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Can you please let me know where to configure "BASE UNIT OF MEASURE" in MMR (Material creation).

Also pleas let me know how to configure the below situatuion also...

We have to have 100 Boxes in 1 Carton. Now in MMR I will maintain base unit of measure as "CARTON" and the system should automatically calculate the prices for 100 boxes.

Regards

Ayyallas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This Base Unit of Measure is configured by using the T.Code "CUNI".

Double click on "Units of Measurement".

If you click on Create we can create a new one.

If you select the existing one then we can view all the details for this.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks krishna...

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain the Base unit in Basic Data 1 and then maintain the Conversion Factor in Additional Fucntions. Here maintain the Conversion factor.

Next , you can change the Base Unit of any Material Master until you have not Created any Document & Zero Stock is available.

Best Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to create and add my own unit of measure (ex: I wnat to remove "pieces" and add "EACH"). How to do this??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The BASE UNIT OF MEASURE is maintained in the MMR in the Basic Data 1 View

And

For your another scenario, Maintaining the base unit as Cartons and calculting the vales for 100 boxes is not possibles

Rather you can maintain the Sales unit as Cartons and the Base unit as Cartons, there you can have the conversion rule for 1 each cartone= 100 boxes

Then in VK11 you can maintain the value for each Carton and the sales order while processing will calclate the price for 100 boxes.

The other way round is not possible .

Just check in Vk11 while maintain the

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ayyallas,

In material master record you can see sales:sale org1 tab, here you can see base unit of measure field here where you need to maintain base unit of measure.

If you are using different unit of measure for base unit, sales unit and delivery unit. you need to mainatin unit conversation.

Ex: if you are using base unit of measure as PC and you wd like to maintain sales unit as Boxes here u need to maintain conversation that 1 box = 100pcs.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In material master >Basic data>General data-->Base Unit of Measure.

Here you can maintain Carton. Also for pricing you need to either

1) maintain pricing in VK11 for carton only.

2) Define new calculation type in VOFM>Formula>Condition base value. Such that it will calculate price for 100 boxes.