cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations in a Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, a few days ago, I wrote a post with the following question:

<i>I have a Query created and I want that a user can execute it but only for a selected centers of the company. However, other users have to be able to execute the query without limitations.

How can I do that? (if it's possible)</i>

And I received the following answer:

<i>Hi Oscar,

I hope i m getting your problem right.

You need to sit with your Security/Basis Administrator to achieve the following task.

1. You need to create a role first.

2. Then,in that role goto Maintain Authorization data and Generate Profiles and create profile add the selected centres of that company which ever the user is authorised to view in that Profile.

3. Generate the profile and save it.

4. Add the specific role into your User's role(su01).

5. Also your characteristic has to be "Authorization Relevant"('Business Explorer' Tab in change of of infoObject).

6. At the query level you need to restrict that characteristic with a New variable(This variable type has to be Authorization Variable").

Once done, when the user runs the query it will ask for centres for company and run for those values by which the user has been restricted.

Hope it helps.

Regards,</i>

I think that this answer can be util for me, but at step 5 I've a problem; I don't know where I've to mark 'Authorization Relevant'. Anyone could help me?

Thanks,

Oscar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar,

in the infoobject change, in the business explorer tab, you can check this check boxx to make it authorisation relevant.

Hope it helps..

thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

mmm...

It says transaction RSD1 and RSA1 not exists...

It's possible?

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Oscar,

you run the transaction in bw system right ?

/nrsd1 /nrsa1 ?

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bw system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yup in BW system.

as soon as you login - go to rsa1 (tcode) & the on left panel look for InfoObjects-- then follow as suugested above by me.

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand you when you say BW System? Is a different system? Different from my test and production systems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is the system ( BW system) where you want to make changes from IDOC to PSA...

it may be your test BW system or prod BW system ... though would advice to make chanegs first on test system.

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... I've installed BW addon from sapgui installation, but when I try to log on it says '<name> is not a BW system'. This system is different from SAPLogon Systems? It's installed or created separately?

Message was edited by: Oscar Espinosa

mmm... I've not installed BW!

Message was edited by: Oscar Espinosa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

When you said you created Query at the very beginning, did you mean that you were using BEx Query Designer which is an integrated tool of SAP BW.

Seems like you are getting no where...

There are three systems is BW.

1) Development

2) QA (Quality Assurance where testing is done predominantly) and

3) Production.

Do all that stuff (if u are using SAP BW and BEx) that is mentioned by others as above mentioned.

Hope this helps...

Regards,

Giftedbrain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, it seems to be a confusion... I was using SAPQuery, tcode SQ01, in R3 system... I've no installed BW system.

Thanks and greetings,

Oscar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

If you think my suggestions were of any use, don't forget to assign points.

Regards,

Giftedbrain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar,

As this being a BW forum, all responses to your query were regarding the BW Query.

YOu may need to post your R/3 related questions in the respective forums..

thanks,

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar -

Go to RSA1 - InfoObejcts - look for your characteristic (InfoObject) & double click on this - go to second (Business Explorer) tab here you can see Authorization Relvant (in middle almost).

hope it helps

regards

Vikash

edwin_harpino
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Oscar,

tcode RSD1, type in your infoobject name,

go to tab 'business explorer', you will find the checkbox beside 'authorization relevant',

mark it and activate again the infoobject.

hope this helps.