Authorizations in a Query
Hi, a few days ago, I wrote a post with the following question:
<i>I have a Query created and I want that a user can execute it but only for a selected centers of the company. However, other users have to be able to execute the query without limitations.
How can I do that? (if it's possible)</i>
And I received the following answer:
I hope i m getting your problem right.
You need to sit with your Security/Basis Administrator to achieve the following task.
1. You need to create a role first.
2. Then,in that role goto Maintain Authorization data and Generate Profiles and create profile add the selected centres of that company which ever the user is authorised to view in that Profile.
3. Generate the profile and save it.
4. Add the specific role into your User's role(su01).
5. Also your characteristic has to be "Authorization Relevant"('Business Explorer' Tab in change of of infoObject).
6. At the query level you need to restrict that characteristic with a New variable(This variable type has to be Authorization Variable").
Once done, when the user runs the query it will ask for centres for company and run for those values by which the user has been restricted.
Hope it helps.
I think that this answer can be util for me, but at step 5 I've a problem; I don't know where I've to mark 'Authorization Relevant'. Anyone could help me?