cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Delete" button only at project definition level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Is anybody have any idea regarding how to disable "delete" button at project definition level (and remain enabled for phases, tasks,...)?

I tried it through Web dynpro application, but it got disabled for entire hierarchy.

Regards,

Ravindra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I dont think its possible.

Why dont you try User Status with Delete forbidden

if you dont want to use complex one, this status can be very simple like

Proj execution

As it is After Release of Project, you wont be able to delete Project.

Niranjan

Let me know if it helps!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Ravi,

> I dont think its possible.

> Why dont you try User Status with Delete forbidden

>

> if you dont want to use complex one, this status can be very simple like

>

Proj execution

>

> As it is After Release of Project, you wont be able to delete Project.

>

> Niranjan

> Let me know if it helps!!!

Hi Niranjan,

Thanks for your reply,but i want to disable delete option at project defination level not at phase & task level when status is Transfred set to assign

Is there any idea?

Regards

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What you can do is, as a Process, allow SET TO ASSIGN status in User status Proj execution

Ask the users to set status To Assign when it is in Proj execution user status thus even though the delete button is allowed to be pressed, Project is not allowed to be deleted.

Asn one more thing, assign this Status profile to Project only not to Task, Phases and or any other proj element.

Thus it will enable you to stop deletion of Project and allow deletion at Phase / task or other Proj element level.

One Quick help is Define User Statusses in Status Profile which is done using trnx: BS02 

I hope it helps

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Apart from what Niranjan has suggested, there is an alternate approach.

Use BADI DPR_ATTRIBUTES method DELETE_CHECK, you can define whether deletion check should fail or not for object type 'DPO' (Project).

The delete button would still be there, but you can control the decision to delete the project via this BAdi.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

I'd try to implement the BADI DPR_ATTRIBUTES with filter value DPO, but couldn't succeed. I have pasted the sample code and tried with break point applied. But system doesn't direct me till the break point.

Have you faced the similar situation while implementing this BADI? Plz suggest.

Thanks and regards,

Ravindra Saraf