cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

parameterized UDF - String parameter has always value null

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´m using PI 7.11 and trying to create a new UDF with a parameter.

But during execution of this UDF the value of the parameter is always null no matter what

value I insert.

I changed the code of the UDF to simple return the parameter given to the UDF and in case of parameter is of type

String always null is returned. When I change the parameter to the type int, the correct value which was given is returned.

I tried to create the UDF in the function tab, because there may be problems while creating it on definition tab.

In past I also created parametrized UDF and it works without problems.

could it be an problem with my local java version?

I use 1.5.0.

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Kind regards

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I made some test with a dummy UDF.

It seems that this error only comes up when there is an old message mapping created on PI 7.0 which want to use the UDF.

If I use the same UDF in a new message mapping defined on PI 7.11 the param value is available and not null.

any ideas?

Kind regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

this issue is still open.

I made some further test.

The suspicion that only old mappings created during PI 7.0 release have this issue was wrong.

I created a new mapping and wanted to use an parametrized UDF and this error also occurs.

As I said before if I change the parameter type to int the correct value is used, only in case of String null is used.

On top of the that there are mappings where is no problem with parametrized UDFs.

Has anybody faced the same issue?

Any suggestions on how to investigate this issue further?

Kind regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I opened a message for this issue.

The sap support told me that is seem to be a bug and they are working on a fix.

Kind regards

Jochen

Former Member
0 Kudos

See also SAP Note 1504305.