cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling Special Characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a file to RFC without BPM scenario, where the Source file XML is generated from the 3rd party system which has around 100 fields and any of these fields can take any special character. but this special characters needs to be passed to SAP r/3 system.

How do we handle this in SAP XI, Since special characters are prosent the XML is not getting parsed in SAP XI and throws an expection in CC.

9/16/09 11:09:52 AM 397b395c-86ec-4c04-022a-a783569d34f4 Retry interval started. Length: 10.0 seconds

9/16/09 11:09:51 AM 397b395c-86ec-4c04-022a-a783569d34f4 Error: com.sap.aii.af.service.util.transaction.api.TxManagerException: Unable to roll back transaction: com.sap.engine.services.ts.exceptions.BaseIllegalStateException

9/16/09 11:09:51 AM 397b395c-86ec-4c04-022a-a783569d34f4 Error: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Application:EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE:

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer https://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/pub/wlg/9420 [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]

handling special characters in sap XI it may help you to resolve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to open the source XML in Internet explorer.

There is a good chance if PI cannot parse it, IE will not display properly either.

Regards,

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For certain things it gets opened in IE for ex. ( ,) etc

But not for &, Ø

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since the CC is throwing the error you need to implement a Adapter Module so that special characters are passed through.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am already using the following modules

AF_Modules/MessageTransformBean>Local Enterprise Bean>Transform

AF_Modules/RequestResponseBean> Local Enterprise Bean> 1

CallSapAdapter> Local Enterprise Bean>2

AF_Modules/ResponseOnewayBean>Local Enterprise Bean>3

Should there be anything else

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This means that the xml being generated by source application is not proper.

Special characters like & will show as &amp if you open the xml in notepad.

Whats does the & appear as when opened in notepad? If it still shows & instead of &amp, you need to ask the source application to generate the xml properly.

regards,

Vikas

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since it is aFILE channel you cn include encoding parameter as shown in page - 3 of this document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79fb42&override...

I hope you have placed the CallSAPAdapter module at required position....should it not be the last module entry?

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please provide more help. Still I am not able to trouble shoot the error message arising out of this spl. Character

Regards,

Nithiyanandam

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nithiya,

Check this note

Note 821267 - FAQ: XI 3.0 / PI 7.0/ PI 7.1 File Adapter

It states

File Sender: Special Characters in File Names

Q: I am trying to get the File Adapter to poll a file, which contains special characters (e.g., accented characters or umlauts) in its file name. However, irrespectively of the wildcard mask I specify in the File Adapter sender channel configuration, the file does not get picked up. Which configuration setting do I need to change to get my scenario working?

A: Under certain operating system platforms, such as Solaris, the APIs used by the Java Runtime (JRE) are not Unicode-aware. Consequently, the JRE needs to be configured to correctly interpret the character set it receives from the operating system.

This is configured through the "file.encoding" system property as well as the "LANG" environment variable.

Make sure you set "file.encoding" to a character set (such as ISO-8859-1) that supports the special characters you would like to process. This system property can be configured by appending "-Dfile.encoding=<encoding>" to the Java VM parameters section of the SAP J2EE Config Tool.

Additionally, you need to set the "LANG" environment variable to a locale that supports more than 7 bits, such as "de.ISO8859-1". The encoding you specify in the LANG environment variable needs to match the encoding set via "file.encoding".

You can persistently configure the environment variable by setting it in the profile $HOME/.sapenv_$HOSTNAME.csh of the <sid>adm user: setenv LANG de.ISO8859-1. For additional details on 'How to Work with Character Encodings in PI' the following guide can also be followed: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9...

Regards

Suraj