cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to get chinese character in print preview or in printout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have searched in SDN before posting this thread, as i could not able to find solution for my problem.

In VL02n - Delivery note - my user gives the customer part number sometimes in English and sometimes in Chinese.

Now i am facing the problem - i could not able to see any chinese characters in print preview ( it shows some garbage characters sometimes and sometimes #### ) and in printout - i see ####.

The things i have done is:

i have activated the multibyte functionality in local layout (ALT + F12) - I18N.

Checked the printer output device - in SPAD - the device type is 'CNSAPWIN : MS WINDOWS DRIVER VIA SAPLPD'.

In control panel - regional and lang. options - install east asian languages has got tick mark

So what else i need to do to get the chinese characters in print preview as well as in print out.

Thanks,

Sakthi Sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if u r using a Unicode system, check the code page in SPAD trnx for the printer which u r using.

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Yes my system supports the Chinese language.

Then to VIshunu,

How to check the code page in SPAD?

as i mentioned earlier - i checked the device type and it is CNSAPWIN

Thanks.

Sakthi Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto SPAD>click on button FUll admininstration in appl tool bar> select the tab 'Device Types'--> here give the device type name 'CNSAPWIN' & press enter, it take u to next screen. Here in attributes tab, in Printer character set block check the value of character set (it should be 8434) for chinese..

Rgds,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishunu,

Now i could get the chinese characters in print preview.

And yes you are correct. I checked and the code is 8434 only. Do you have any idea what would be the problem?

Thanks.

Edited by: sakthi sri on Sep 16, 2009 6:27 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem as You were faced in getting of chinese characters in pdf output.

I am able to get in print preview but when I am sening as PDF attachment its not printing.

Please let me if you have any soulution.

Thanks,

J.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jeeva,

Still i am searching for answer. Meanwhile, if you got any solution plz let me know too.

Also, for me in PDF, i could not able to view the print preview at all. I am using Adobe Reader 7.0 and it is saying chinese simplified font is installed. but not able to view it. it is again and again asking to install it.

may i know how you able to view it in PDF? or Are you using any higher PDF version?

Thanks.

Sakthi Sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

U make sure your system support chinese language?

Max