cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS Adapter - Sender - Confusion on config parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to understand the logic behind the use of WS sender parameters. It would be nice if some one could help me with it.

For WS Sender ,

Target client , host and other parameters available

For applications to consume , we need to expose the CC via a Sender agreement. As PI is the provider and as the wsdl needs to point to PI system , the parameters for sender cc will always point to PI system isnt it..

My confusion is if the sender parameters are always PI systems , why do we need to set these inputs for this adapter.. ???

Thanks in advance

Regards

Bharathwaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

One reason could be there might be multiple Integration Servers of SAP NW PI 7.1. in thier landscape.This feature gives us more flexibility to connected particular Integration server.

Thanks,

Tappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masthan ,

Thats an interesting possibility.

If I have PI systems A and B , and in A i set the WS parameters to B. The data will be sent to B but the scenario(Receiver configs etc) will be in A.. Isnt it ?

Thanks

Bharath

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bharath,

>>For applications to consume , we need to expose the CC via a Sender agreement. As PI is the provider and as the wsdl needs to point to PI system , the parameters for sender cc will always point to PI system isnt it..

For this type of scenario you need to use SOAP Adapter instead of WS Adapter (Though I dont see any harm in using the WS one)

The use of WS Adapter is for two purpose

1. Direct communication (Where Integration Server is not used) : Only WS Receiver is used here

2. Communication with IS : WS Sender and WS Receiver Adapters are used

Since you want to send the message to IS, you are specifying all parameters like Target client , host etc

Check this link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/ce29e73a8e5430e10000000a42189b/content.htm

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj ,

I understand the implications of WS fully and the scenario also works successfully.

My confusion was in IS based communication , why do we have to set the parameters for Sender WS adapter , when the sender parameters are always a constant (because ir should always point to PI system. )

What will happen if I set a different SAP system as the sender in WS adapter ?

Regards

Bharathwaj