cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SolMan automatic mail notification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i had config all necessary settings for ticketing system through our solution manager .

then i had config SCOt and then through PPF adm i had maintain action for message creater SLFN0002.

and make a condition for In Process.

So when ever i am saving any support message at In Process status then automatically mail generated for key user.

but problem is that

Mail only generated for those support message which had been generated only in SolMan system.

i do not know why so ?

obviously key user will create message from another server , what they are doing from production server and at SolMan support team getting those ticket/message but when SolMan admin is changing support message status from new to In Process then in action tab no action happen related to mail.....

while if for testing purpose i create any message from SolMan only then after changing message status i getting action related to mail in action tab.

Can any one tell why it is going on...

Regards

Dik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dik,

What do you want to say....

all config are working fine....

end users creating support message from production system

you are getting them at SolMan system

you are assigning them to support team and they are processing support message.

but mail notification which you make for in process status is not working only when then messages are created outside of SolMan.

if it so then tell me...

are you able to triger the mail when messages are created from SolMan?

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all thanks for reply,

yes what ever you write that is the exact problem....

if messages created from SolMan only then notification is working....while message created out side of SolMan (from any other SAP server which is the part of satellite system) then mail notification is not working.....

why?

please slove me ....

how can i rectify it......

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there any one who can help me out

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear any one .......

help for the same...

0 Kudos

Hello Dik,

Can you check that the message creater (SLFN0002) is filled correctly if you create message from the satellite system (for example in message created by you from SolMan and outside the message creater should be the same)?

Also check that IBase/Component are filled when you create message outside SolMan.

Best Regards, Vadim Shmarin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vadim Shmarin

Can you check that the message creater (SLFN0002) is filled correctly if you create message from the satellite system

dear how can i check it out....

as i am checking under transaction data tab

then

Description MATERIALS 16.09.2009 15:49:38

test

test

System Data MATERIALS 16.09.2009 15:49:38

SY-DBSYS................ ORACLE 10.2.0.2.0

SY-HOST................. sapserver

SY-OPSYS................ Windows NT 5.2

SY-SYSID................ MRD

SY-MANDT................ 100

SY-UNAME................ MATERIALS

SY-DATUM................ 20090916

SY-UZEIT................ 153055

SY-ZONLO................ INDIA

as per above information MATERIALS a key user and end user at our devlopment server and through that id i had created message and processing accordingly....

guide me....

Edited by: dik on Sep 18, 2009 8:31 AM

0 Kudos

Dik,

I'm not talking about "System data" text in the transaction data tab, but about first screen of displaying the message (tab "fast entry" of transaction CRMD_ORDER). Is field "Reported by" (or "message creator") filled with appropriate business partner (connected to user MATERIALS in you case)? Could you try to create one message from your MRD

system, and another from you Solution Manager, using one user logonname, and check if the "Reported by" partner is the same in both messages.

And are fields IBase/Component from the same screen filled with the information about the system, from where you have created the message?

Vadim.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vadim,

sorry for late reply ....

i had created message from both the servers...

MATERIALS a key user on SolMan ok

so when ever i am creating message it is not showing in reported by

while iBase/Component is ok

but when i am creating message through test user which is present on both server (Devlopment & SolMan)

then i am checking and getting test under reported by as well as iBase/Component =12 that is for devlopment server.

what may be the reason ....

plesae help

Regards

Dik

0 Kudos

Hello Dik,

Just to be sure that I've understood you rightly:

When you create message with user MATERIALS:

from development system: 'Reported by' is empty

from SolMan: 'Reported by' is OK

with test user:

from development system: Reported by is OK

From SolMan: 'Reported by' is OK

Am I right? If yes then, back to your first question, I think that with test user you haven't any problems with automatic mail notification don't you?

Best Regards,

Vadim Shmarin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vadim,

When you create message with user MATERIALS:

from development system: 'Reported by' is empty

from SolMan: 'Reported by' is OK

with test user:

from development system: Reported by is OK

From SolMan: 'Reported by' is OK

yes its ok

but whenever message created from devlopment server from any user mail action is not going to trigger.

while message created from SolMan is woking fine for automatic mail notification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

still wating

0 Kudos

Hello dik,

Frankly speaking, I haven't faced with such kind of problem, but if you say that iBase/Component is defined correctly, when you create message from satellite system, I think the problem is in business partners. Unfortunately, I don't have free time now for reproduction this problem in our landscape.

Check that you have the NO_USER_CHECK key in DNO_CUST04 like described in note Note 824640 (point 3).

Then you can check that all customizing are made according to blogs

/people/federico.babelis2/blog/2006/04/14/service-desk-configuration-guide-for-dummies

And

/people/kamran.ellahi2/blog/2006/01/13/setting-up-sap-service-desk-123-and-go (but there is nothing interesting)

Please answer about results, if the problem wouldn't be solved, later we could try to check something else.

Vadim Shmarin