cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding ISA extension and development basics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am relatively new to the ISA and related development.

My query is, if we need to do any modifications or extensions to the UI of the ISA, then we need to modify the JSPs.

For this I have downloaded the Eclipse Java editor on my desktop. But now how do I connect this to the SAP CRM & ISA so that I can access those JSPs. Are there any configuration steps for the same?

I have seen the ISA development & extension guide but did not find it very helpful.

Can someone guide me on this or pass on any other document if available to jashwanth@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance! ! !

All answers would be rewarded!

Jash.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Combination of the above replies answered the original questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To create a fully custom version you should be using the SAP ISA BuildTool which can be downloaded from OSS - there is also some supporting documentation explaining how to use it.

This allows you to take a copy of the standard b2b.ear application and create a local development environment where you can edit all .jsp files. You can then link Eclipse to this folder structure.

You then use the buildtool to create a custom b2b_customProjectName.ear which you deploy to the SAP J2EE server and can then access in parallel to the standard B2B app using http://<host>:<port>/b2b_customProjectName/b2b/init.do

There is a very long thread about this in this forum if you search that will give you a lot more detail.

Hope this helps,

Gareth Ryan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jash

Confgure the Instance :

Open the Studio.

windows --> Preferences --> SAP J2EE Engine

Put all the Instance details here.

Thanks

Message was edited by: Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack/Gareth,

Thanks a lot for the response. We have done the mentioned settings.

Now if I want to modify a JSP file, How do I go about it? Should I import it to my local machine or is it done someother way?

Sorry if the question sounds silly, But I am completely new to this

I have installed jdk and ecliple onto my local machine and the server has the SAP J2EE engine 6.20

Also if any related document which explains step by step development guide, would be very helpful.

Jash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This thread - - is a really good place to start!

Gareth.