cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WRONG_VERSION response using ID APIs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

while using ID APIs to "read" or Open for Edit" or activate operations on some ID obejcts i am getting some WRONG_VERISON respose.

For Example when i tried to read a receiver aggrement using ID APIs, i received the following response.

<rn3:LogMessageItem>

<rn3:SeverityCode>3</rn3:SeverityCode>

<rn3:ClassificationCode>WRONG_VERSION</rn3:ClassificationCode>

<rn3:Message>

<rn3:languageCode>en</rn3:languageCode>

<rn3:value>Object with key 'Receiver Agreement | BC_FileSender | | BC_FileReceiver | SI_FlocUpdate_IB' is not compatible with the version of the interface used and therefore cannot be read</rn3:value>

</rn3:Message>

</rn3:LogMessageItem>

Can anyone please let me know wats this WRONG_VERSION response means...

Thanks

Manohar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Manohar

Whenever an error with ClassificationCode WRONG_VERSION occurs, this means that the object concerned (or one of them in case it is a change list operation) makes use of new 7.10 features and therefore cannot be handled by the 7.0 Directory API.

Typicall reasons why your sender or receiver agreements cannot be read by the old API are:

- the version of the interface has been specified (cannot be handled by the old API)

- the channel to which is referred is a Web Service channel (adapter type WS in SAP BASIS 7.10)

Check the link below for further info:

Integration Directory Programming Interface

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/EN/46/6dca42e5c269dfe10000000a11466f/content.htm

Regards

Mark