cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFS or FTP for file on Ip 10.x.y.z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a file to file scenario up and running.I have tried using NFS posted the files on XI server usr/sap/server/test/source.xml

Now they want to see it picked up and dropped to a particular folder on a particular IP

do i use NFS or ftp?

what are the pre requisites?...ne blog?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now they want to see it picked up and dropped to a particular folder on a particular IP

do i use NFS or ftp?

That "particular IP" should be having a FTP service setup so that you can do FTP from PI. You will be able to use NFS only if you are able to mount the PI server folder to the "particular IP".

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

Since you are able to write the file you should able to read also using NFS. If you run into any issues make sure you have 777 permissions. Usually if we write or read anythign on the same server we go with NFS. If it is any other system and the file system are not shared then FTP.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank u for ur replies..I have tested the end to end scenario using NFS..on usr/sap/test folder on PI server itself..

now if I have to pick up the file from 10.x.y.z/source/sourcefile and place it on 10.x.y.z/target/targetfile

I have to use FTP or NFS?

What are the configs Basis/network team needs to do and me in XI..what changes do i have to ensure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

The following you need to confirm first.

Is this 10.x.y.z is the FTP Server or not?? Ask your Network guys

If this is FTP Server means then Use FTP Protocol using File Adapter to Pickup the files from the location 10.x.y.z/source/sourcefile

mention the IP as your 10.x.y.z and in path write /source/sourcefile then mention the file name also in file name field.

And also Mention the User name & Pwd to connect this FTP Server

Follow the same procedure to write the files to FTP Location using File Racesive adapter and use FTP Protocol.

Regards

Seshagiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Teja,

You can use either of them. For configuring NFS:

you need to ask basis to share the folder and mount it on network. Then you can use NFS and specify //source/sourcefile

For configuring FTP:

You ask them to create a user id and pwd for connecting through FTP. Then use them in your comm. channel along with the ipaddress.

Regards,

---Satish

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravindra,

Since your XI is in a Unix box, if you are able to mount the folders of the new machine, then you can go for NFS mode.

Else you need to use FTP mode. and you need a FTP server for connecting and fetching the file

Try the NFS mode (by mounting the folder) and if it is not possible then only go for FTP

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unix Box?..lemme double check..

Suraj..can u pls explain what is this mounting?..im new to this field...

If i use ftp..what do i use for port?

thanks

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>can u pls explain what is this mounting?

Mounting is equivalent to creating a map drive in Windows.

To know more about mounting check this page http://www.techotopia.com/index.php/Sharing_Ubuntu_Linux_Folders_with_Remote_Linux_and_UNIX_Systems

>>If i use ftp..what do i use for port?

he standard port for FTP communication is port 21. Also you can check this link http://www.zephyrcorp.com/unix-ftp.htm

I will suggest you to do some google and find it out yourself. You will get lot more of information on these

Regards

suraj