cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Production for Export sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

I Have a scenario of custom production as follows.

1. Receive Order from the Export Customer.

2. Customer will send the input materials as free of charge.

3. Company will process the material and sell the Output material to the customer.

4. From receipt of input material, processing and output material stage, inventory should be shown under Customer stocks.

Please suggest How to map this scenario in SAP.

Regards

KMK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

After posting the above, it struck my mind that if you untick Value Updation in OMS2, it will have impact across all materials that were created with that type. So this will not suit your requirement. You have to tick this "Value updation" also.

Meanwhile, in creating PO, there is a provision where you can tick the box for "Free of Cost" in which case, value will not update in SAP. Needless to say, creating a new movement type is also not necessary. You can do MIGO via standard 101 movement type itself.

Post the feedback how this works.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Never tried but you can make an attempt as follows

1) Create the customer components with material type HALB

2) In OMS2, for the combination of plant and material type, have the box ticked ONLY for "Qty updation"

3) Create a separate storage location for storing such customer components

4) Go to OMJJ, click on "Movement Types", key in movement type 101 and execute. Copy this and rename it as 901. Take the help of MM consultant and remove the FI settings since for 101 while inwarding, it will have accounting impact

5) Create a PO on customer

6) Do MIGO with the new movement type

7) Make production / quality entries

😎 Now you can follow normal sales process like creation of sale order, delivery, billing & excise invoice

Let me know if this has helped you to some extent.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply Mr.Laxmipathi

I Have Below issues to follow this process

1. Change of SAP std material type HALB effects the remaining semifinished goods.

2. If i create a special material type also i cn not restrict the usage of this material specific to the saleorder processing.

3. Creating PO for receiving the input material is not happening physcally.

I am Looking for Make to Order scenario to meet this requirent. I learnt item category TAK has to be used for this. I am surprised for not being found this TAK Item category on checking VOV7. Please tell me the settings correspond to this standard item category if you found in your client.

Thanks/KMK