cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA on Non-ABAP System with Solution Manager EHP 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have recently updated our solution manager from SP Stack 16 to EHP1 (sp 18). we are now planning to set up EWA for non-abap components (EP 7.0). however, the only SAP note that i have been able to find is "976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components" but this is only limited up to SP 17. I have not been able to find any guides relating to EWA thru Solution Manager EHP1.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone can refer any documents or SAP notes that would enable setting up EWA for non-abap components thru Solution Manager EHP1.

We have also gone through the note 1332428, but we have'nt found it useful. We are still struggling to generate EWA report on Non-ABAP system.

Looking forward to your kind help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarthak Syal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jagan,

We have successfully generated our EWA report. Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Sarthak

0 Kudos

Hi Sarthaks,

Would it be possible for you to outline all the steps you followed for activation of EWA for non abap systems.

Thanks,

Shabnam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jagan,

Thanks for the info.

Everything has been configured, SMD has been configured in our system, we are just not able to generate the EWA report. We are not able to find from where we can generate this report. Is there any service we need to activate, or any link where we can generate this report. Please guide us.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarthak Syal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak,

Good!!

Please do the following:

1) include the system in the Solution and scheduled the EWA session.Logical component should refer to the Non-ABAP System with no ABAP instance as relevant under the SID definition in SMSY-systems.

2) Is the Non -ABAP ( assuming its java) has the Software component defined and is mentioned as relevant under the SID with the component name and type.

3) Having said that SMD - Root cause Analysis functionality is configured-> check whether you are getting the Details for the Non-ABAP systems in the analysis Tabs of Root Cause Analysis.

This should be good to go. Wait for the session to get completed.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Jagan,

Gud Morning, Is there any way to attach a document in this forum.

If so please let me know. I want to attach my configuration document, so that you can understand what I have done

Thanks

Sarthak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please forward this EWA Java Configuration DOC. to me.I am also configuring same.but not able to activate EWA for Java systems

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nesimi/ Jagan,

Thanks for your info, we have configured our non ABAP system in T-code SMSY in our Solution Manager. But we are stuck up as we are not able to find, where we need to activate our EWA or where we can generate the EWA report for Non ABAP system. Kindly help us out.

Thanks and Regards,

Sarthak Syal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarthak,

the Solution manager Diagnostics should be installed, if you want the EWA for non-ABAP systems( There are limitations on the components).

Please configure Diagnostics first, then try configuring EWA for those Components. Please refer to the note 1274287 for the pre-requisites note and proceed with Diagnostics configuration.

It involves installing Wily Interoscope,

Performing the SMD agent installation and Followed by configurations.

Thanks,

Jagan

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 16, 2009 8:13 AM

Edited by: jagadheeshan govindasamy on Sep 16, 2009 8:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

THe EWA session scheduling as a part of Diagnostics setup - Administration tabs is not Availbale with EHP1.

But Nesimi is Right, you should have installed Diagnostics and your Non-ABAP system should be available for Diagnostics for getting the EWA for those systems.

Once these are in place, you can configure EWA for non-ABAP components with ease.

Thanks,

Jagan

Former Member
0 Kudos

the EWA concept has not significantly changes since EHp1 so the note 976054 is still valid for >SPS18

(What has been changed is the data collection method.)

For EWA generation of non ABAP Systms you have to have SMD installed and configured on SolMan #1010428 - here in return you will have a specific requirement section for SPS18

Do you get a specific error or stuck at a specific step during config?

Nesimi

Edited by: Nesimi Buelbuel on Sep 16, 2009 7:03 AM