Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sort the transactions in a Role in the Alphabetical order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Community,

I need to sort the transactions in our roles in the alphabetical order.I am aware that the sequence in which the transactions are displayed in a role is maintained in the table AGR_HIER.Is there a way to use the information to sort the transactions in the alphabetical order.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

You can change the order in PFCG itself by dragging to the locations you need.

But that is hectic job.

I ll suggest while creating a new role, you can sort the transactions and assign it to the role.

Regards,

Raja. G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

Thanks for your prompt reply.This solution doesn't seem to be viable if you have to change the sequence of the transactions for a thousand roles.Moreover if you recreate the role by re-adding the transactions after sorting it is MS Excel,it would involve a lot of work maintaining the values for the authorization objects

0 Kudos

Ashish,

I think you misunderstood. I didnt mean to say to recreate all the roles.

The roles which you ll create in future, you can do the sorting before assigning it to the roles.

But for the existence roles, you can drag and make it in order. But in practical it is a tedious process.

I dont think there is any way to sort the transactions in the already existing roles.

Some Security gurus can help in this.

Regards,

Raja. G

0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

You can use Se16 transaction for sorting of role in the alphabetical order.

Select the table name as agr_users,select you name in the user name and execute.copy all the roles associated to your user id.

Select table agr_tcodes enter the entire role corresponding to your user Id and then execute. Select the extended name column and sort in ascending order(ctrl+F4).

If you have any additional quires, contact me.

Darshan G

Bernhard_SAP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi SAP Community,

>

> I need to sort the transactions in our roles in the alphabetical order.I am aware that the sequence in which the transactions are displayed in a role is maintained in the table AGR_HIER.Is there a way to use the information to sort the transactions in the alphabetical order.

HI Ashish,

for single roles there is no standard fucntion available for alphabetical sorting of menu entries. For composite roles there is the possibility of alphabetical sorting when the menu is read from the single roles (pls refer to SAP note #356573).

b.rgds,

Bernhard

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no such Sort facility available here.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

What are you trying to achieve by this? There must be a reasonable business case before you embark on this (rather pointless) task.