cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP Connection closed BizTalk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a BizTalk server sending a SOAP request to a PI 7.1 system. About half the time, the request is successful and half the time I get the following response on the Biztalk server.

This appears to be an issue with the 'keepalive' parameter (according to MSDN).

This does not happen on my XI 3.0 server. What has changed and what can I do about it ?

The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "aaa" with URL "http://eporapp01:8014/sap/xi/adapter_plain?namespace=urn%%3Asap-com%%3Adocument%%3Asap%%3Aidoc%%3Amessages&interface=HRMD_A.HRMD_A06.ZHRMD_A06&service=ATLAS_Dev&QOS=EO&sap-client=001&sap-language=EN". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Unable to read data from the transport connection: The connection was closed.".

Cheers,

Guy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pengelly,

Usually in xi 3.0 we used to use http://host:port/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=party:service:channel url for creating the soap wsdl.

In pi 7.1 they changed a little bit. But the url which you connected still works in pi 7.1 also. You can give a try by changing the url as mentioned int his thread by me. Also you can see the sap notes on this thread.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Satish,

My Biztalk colleague and I have done some more research and the problem seems to be with both systems !!

Biztalk sends a 'keepalive' parameter and expects that the connection will remain open between messages. I THINK SAP ignores this parameter, closes the connection after each message and responds with 'connection closed'. Biztalk in turn ignores this response and raises the error. It would seem that if subseqent messages are small enough, several will be accepted before the failure ocurs.

Does this make any sense to you ??

Regards,

Guy