cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we pass WD Input values to Transaction IVIEW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to pass the input values which user inputs in WD to Transaction iview and run the same in background?

Basically what I did is created a report which uses FP_JOB_OPEN ,FP_JOB_CLOSE Function modules and which generates PDF forms.

Now For user I want to create a WD application with Select-options and when they press the search button I want to send these inputs and run the report in background .

Later User will get pdf's in spool.

Any ideas?

rgds

Vara

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here's a blog that explains how to launch a SAP transaction iView with parameters : [How to launch SAP transaction & pass parameters via URL|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=%28J2EE3417700%29ID0625555150DB11170234485560646958End?blog=/pub/wlg/2510].

And here's how I do it in WD Java (should be quite similar in WD ABAP) :

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute(
	"ROLES://portal_content/com.sap.pct/templates/iviews/com.sap.portal.sap_transaction_iview",
	WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_EXTERNAL,
	"",
	"",
	WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_HISTORY,
	null,
	null,
	null,
	"System=BWD&TCode=SMEN&GuiType=WinGui&WinGui_Type=Shortcut",
	false,
	true);

Regards,

Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pierre,

your solution works fine.

THe only issue I am stil faced with is, that I just want to open the transaction iview dynamically, but not in an external window, rather than embedded into the same page.

For better understanding.

There is a page and on the left hand side, I have got an iview, which has got several links for opening a sap transaction iview on the right hand side, of the same page.

So, Show_inplace, does not help me out, because as consequence, the left and the right hand side iview is disappearing...

Any suggestions?

Thank you and kind regards,

Patrick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats why use PAR files as Kiran described. So that we will not have a winodow.

If you use WDJ or WDA we can not close the window..

/message/7885463#7885463 [original link is broken]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vara,

You can pass those parameter values to the i-view parameters, and accept them in the new WD application, provided you have the parameters in the application you are triggering to. that can be send from the calling action along with the pcd concatenating the new parameters with "'&".

Hope this helps!

Regards

Senon