cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question on rsxmb_cancel_messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I run report RSXMB_SHOW_STATUS, I see 378,000 messages in status 014. When I run rsxmb_cancel_messages, I only see 16 messages that would be cancelled.

Why would not all 378,000 messages be cancelled?

Any guidance in this area will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

Try the test in RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES setting the Logical Pipeline ID to "CENTRAL" and then with "CENTRAL_BACK".

Thanks,

-Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

Thanks for your quick response. I tried the CENTRAL and it didn't give me anything more. I tried the CENTRAL_BACK and it ran in test mode all night so I killed it this morning. It never gave me any information. I am running it again and am planning to trace to see what it is trying to do. I didn't reply last night because I wanted to see what happened first.

Do you have any idea why it would run so long and not give any information?

Best Regards,

Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I think there are just too many acknowledgement records to handle at once. To get more info you can go to sxi_monitor, set the status group to "Errors" and in the advanced tab set the Pipeline ID to CENTRAL_BACK. Then adjust the date range in RSXMB_CANCEL_MESSAGES such that you cancel a smaller set of messages at a time.

Thanks,

-Russ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Russ,

That seems to have been the issue. I have been working with smaller selections of data and the status of those so far are being moved from 014 to 021 and 003.

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards,

Rick

10 PTS

Answers (0)