cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crm java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are running CRM 2007 and this is a dual stack. I wanted to know what pieces of CRM use the java stack ?

When we traced our transactions they all goto the abap stack. We havent seen any of it using the java stack.

This we see from http watch / e2e trace analysis.

Is it then safe to shut down the java stack ? (for memory and cpu) ?

How to check if the java stack is being used ?

thank you

regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know that the java stack is used for IPC (pricing) and for Internet Sales/E-Sales/E-service/Webshop.

Might be that it's used for other things too.

Be aware, if you turn of the java stack you will have no pricing engine at ALL. The IPC is used for every pricing calculation in CRM, disregarding the channel (SAPGui, WebUI, Webclient, ...) where the pricing is called/executed. So, no java stack, no price calculations!

Hope this helps,

Kind regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Joost.

Can you provide me link/manual/Note which give me this detail.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

regards

Laxmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

All this information is detailed in the "Master Guide" for CRM. You can find it on http://service.sap.com/instguides

then navigate (in the left pane) to "SAP Business Suite App">"SAP CRM">your crm version

Then choose Plan or Install, in both nodes there is very useful information regarding installtion and prerequisites for the different scenarios.

In the guide itself you'll find useful links to notes for more detailed information.

Hope this is what you're looking for.

Kind regards,

Joost

Former Member
0 Kudos

problem resolved, closing thread

KaushalShah
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How did you resolve the problem? Did you shut down the java stack? I am also looking for the same answer. We don't use IPC, as ours is CRM Service implementation. So, I was wondering if it is okay to shutdown the java stack.

Regards,

Kaushal

0 Kudos

Hello Sriram,

Even I have the same question.

We are not using IPC/Pricing , so is it safe to shut down Java stack?

Does PPF jobs not related to pricing use Java stack at all?

Looking forward to your response

Thanks

Shilpi

Answers (0)