cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro Print version Communication Failure: Illegal destination type 'G'

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a dual stack installation of CRM 7.0 and I verified we have Componet BIWEBAPP 7.00 SP16 and ABAP SP16.

When ever we click on any webdynpro application's "Print Version" button I get the message :

"Print version Communication Failure: Illegal destination type 'G'". Message no. SALV_WD_MSG701.

I created RFC destination in ABAP SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF, same set up as the preconfigured ADS destination.

I execute Test Connection and the tab test result show Status HTTP Response 200, Status Text OK, Tab Response Text and Response Body appear ok, in Tab response Body I get a message:

"This program cannot display the webpage"

The url http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=rpc Gives me AdobeDocumentServices with Overview, WSDL, Test ...etc

I have followed the procedure in the IMG "Set up Web Service Destination for Adobe Document Services".

Via the Visual Administrator -> sap.com/tcwdpdfobject/com.sap.tc.webdynpro.adsproxy.AdsProxy/ConfigPort_Document appears to be configured correctly. However, launching the url http://<server>:<port>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=document via my web browser IE7 shows "cannot display the webpage", in Firefox I get the message "..is taking too long to respond"

I have the RFC destination in the J2EE engine <portal_hostname>_PORTAL_<SID> configured and running. I can see it logged into the abap stack via transaction SMGW -> GoTo -> Logged on clients.

I tried to check Note 918236, but I get the message that it is either in reworking or is released internally only

We have the SAP delivered Web dynpro application u2018WDT_ALVu2019

Via transaction SA38 -> Program FP_PDF_TEST_00 -> Connection SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF shows "Version Information: 710.20061024154505.342190"

Report FP_TEST_00 -> ADS Connection SALV_WD_EXPORT_PDF -> Print preview launched Adobe Reader just fine with Line 1 on page 1, Line 2 on page 1 ...etc

So what is causing the Print version Communication Failure: Illegal destination type 'G' message?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member626447
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Has anyone solved this issue yet?

Thanks & Regards

Kyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Fixed.

Changed RFC destination to TCP/IP.

Configured Single Sign On from portal to CRM ABAP. And most importantly, Using the Visual Admin I added the user ADS_AGENT to the Security Provider service com.adobe/AdobeDocumentServices*AdobeDocumentServicesAssembly.jar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

What is the program ID should be given if the RFC destination is to be TCP/IP.

We are using SAP EM system which has Netweaver 7.31 AS ABAP version where we wanted to work print version functionality.

We have followed this SAP note 1413938, but we are getting the issues as

Print version Communication Failure: Error when opening an RFC connection (CPIC-CALL: 'ThSAPOCMINIT' : cmRc=2 thRc=679

Transaction program not registered.

Thanks & Regards

Sudhan