cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Document Customizing Text Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

My request is to copy the invoice instructions from the ship to first and then the bill to if available. If a quote is involved, ignore the quote instructions and copy directly from the customer master partner.

This was achieved at the header level, but I am having a problem configuring the same at the item level. When I enter a partner, error 'VC221 The language does not come from the partner function AG for MVKE' is generated. What is this trying to tell me? I have tried entering languages and was unsuccessful. MVKE is Sales Data for Material. I do not see the relationship between the table and the item text determination.

The item text determination is configured with only one Access sequence referencing VBBP text object and the ID.

Is it possible to configure item determination by partner function?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the error it seems to be some language problem for your partner function.

Just go to XD02 and enter the customer number for which you want text to be determined.

Now go to the sales area data and partners tab.

Over there check what you have assigned to the partner function AG.

Have you created the master data for that partner then you have assigned it to this customer master with partner function AG?

If yes then just go to that master data and check out the language of that master data.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Raj. All that information is already in place. I am not even attempting to enter AG as the partner. I enter SH and it comes back with the error message (WE was also attempted). All components of the customer master are created and established prior to configuration changes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this error is coming when your are creating the sale order?

Just go the partner determination procedure in the IMG and check the setting for both the sales order header and sales order item.

Have you maintain AG as a mandatory function in any of these two setting.

Just check out these setting and let us know.

Regards

Raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error is received when attempting to configure the Sales Document Item text determination.

I have not even gotten to the point of creating a sales order because I can't get the configuration the way I want. What I want is to specify in the Sales Document Item text determination to use the SH partner first followed by BT if SH is not available.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anabela

you are getting error because of

* Customer master data  - textobjects:
* only for special textobjects an input of a partner is reasonable.
  IF ( V_TTXZI_N-OBJ_VON <> 'KNVV' AND
       V_TTXZI_N-OBJ_VON <> 'KNVK' AND
       V_TTXZI_N-OBJ_VON <> 'KNA1' AND
       V_TTXZI_N-OBJ_VON <> 'KNB1' ) AND
     V_TTXZI_N-PARVW_VON <> SPACE.
    MESSAGE E221(VC).
  ENDIF.

While creating access sequence, make "All languages" check box ticked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yadav,

thank you for your response. I interpre that the if statement says that the text is valid only for certain partners. The customer master is configured to have the text for the partners so I do not consider that to be the solution.

The user requirement was further refined that the item not copy instructions from the customer master or the quote so I eliminated the access sequence on the configuration of the text and I created a new routine to further satisfy the requirement at the header level. These changes have satisfied the requirements. No instructions are copied to the item level.

Thanks to all for helping.

Bela

Answers (0)