cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Process died due to signal 11 in DB13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We have an issue in Whole database online + redo log backup in DB 13; it has been giving error as Process died due to signal 11

I do not find the relevant note or messages. We had changed the permissions as per the SAP note 113747; and at the same Archive backups are successful.

Log is as below

Job started

Step 001 started (program RSDBAJOB, variant &0000000000263, user name K7851872)

Execute logical command BRBACKUP On host ctviprlh

Parameters:-u / -c force -t online -m all -p initIPR_ON.sap -a -c force -p initIPR_ON.sap -sd

BR051I BRBACKUP 6.10 (86)

BR055I Start of database backup: bebmadss.and 2009-09-15 12.05.06

BR049W Last BRBACKUP run was probably killed

Process died due to signal 11

Job finished

Please help me resolving issue.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> We have an issue in Whole database online + redo log backup in DB 13; it has been giving error as Process died due to signal 11

> BR051I BRBACKUP 6.10 (86)

Your BR*TOOLS are ancient - update them to the newest version (6.40).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Thanks for quick reply......I did thought of updating BRTools to 6.40 but question is wont version 6.10 support BR Backup?

And second question is

we have the status of BR* versions as below; Can I just update the brtools, brbackup and brrestore?

BR* Version Patch Level

brtools 610 84

brarchive 640 38

brbackup 610 84

brconnect 640 38

brrestore 610 84

brspace 640 38

brrecover 640 38

sapdba 620 110

Third question is

Can we update BR* tools while SAP is up and running?

Your help will be appreciated.

Thank- you

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Thanks for quick reply......I did thought of updating BRTools to 6.40 but question is wont version 6.10 support BR Backup?

Why not update all?

> we have the status of BR* versions as below; Can I just update the brtools, brbackup and brrestore?

Again: why don't you update all?

> Third question is

> Can we update BR* tools while SAP is up and running?

Yes.

Kernel 6.10 (and 6.20) is desupported since year 2005....

Markus

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Brtools can be updated when SAP is running..No problem...Just need to make sure no Br* ( like Brbackup, brarchive, brconnect etc)job is running that time..

Upgrade the whole Database dependent package. probably the name is SAPEXEDB ... and then replace all the uncared files.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Upgrade the whole Database dependent package. probably the name is SAPEXEDB ... and then replace all the uncared files.

Just to add: it's not possible to update the full database dependent package when the system is running! That package contains the database interface library (libdbora*) which is loaded dynamically by the workprocesses.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus and Anindya

So, just updating the BR* tools wont be successful resolving our issue with out updating SAPEXEDB?

We have updated SAPEXEDB_2265-10000713.SAR in july 2007

And secondly

Other tools like brarchive, brconnect, brspace and brrecover have successfully updated in past with below patch level.

brtools 610 84

brarchive 640 38

brbackup 610 84

brconnect 640 3

brrestore 610 84

brspace 640 38

brrecover 640 38

sapdba 620 110

I just wanted to update the brtools, brbackup. I am worried if somthing new issue come out if I update the ones already updated.

So, can you please let me know can we update individual tools without updating all of them?

Thank-you

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> So, just updating the BR* tools wont be successful resolving our issue with out updating SAPEXEDB?

> We have updated SAPEXEDB_2265-10000713.SAR in july 2007

Let's start from scratch:

- What software are you running (R/3, ERP...)?

- What database version are you running?

- What OS are you running on?

- Is this a new problem or did that backup work before?

> Other tools like brarchive, brconnect, brspace and brrecover have successfully updated in past with below patch level.

> I just wanted to update the brtools, brbackup. I am worried if somthing new issue come out if I update the ones already updated.

The tools are tightly integrated, a new option might not be recognized by older tools if "some" of them are newer. That's why they are deliverd as a package.

Just take a backup of the kernel directory, try them out and if they don't work put back the other version. Usually you test and check the tools on a test system first.

Markus

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAPEXEDB contains the whole package... I dont know how you have BR* exes with different version

as Marcus said, just have a backup of the directory where you are actually replacing files. So, if a new problem comes with the new BRTOOLS exes you can always revert back.

If you are placing the exes in "run" folder, then have a backup of previous "run" folder...

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should update all brtools in one go, do not update them individually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

- What software are you running (R/3, ERP...)?

R/3 46C

- What database version are you running?

- What OS are you running on?

SUNOS

- Is this a new problem or did that backup work before?

It seems to be not running year long. I resumed working as new here.

Can you send me the exact link where I can find the BRTools 640? It seems to be its path has been changed in SAP Market Place. I am trying to find it since half an hour.

Thank-you

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In SMP browse through

Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group" SAP NetWeaver" SAP NETWEAVER" SAP NETWEAVER 04" Entry by Component" Application Server ABAP---Then select your Kernel for your OS and then Database

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> - What database version are you running?

> 9.2.0.3.0

Also ancient. I'm not even sure if that version was supported.

> - What OS are you running on?

> SUNOS

version??

> - Is this a new problem or did that backup work before?

> It seems to be not running year long. I resumed working as new here

Ok. All those software components are heavily outdated. I would bring the system to a supportable state as soon as possible. Given the fact, that both the SAP version (4.6C) and the database in it's major and minor version is out of support I would really consider updating the environment to a state, where someone (here and at SAP support) has a possibility to help you.

> Can you send me the exact link where I can find the BRTools 640? It seems to be its path has been changed in SAP Market Place. I am trying to find it since half an hour.

http://service.sap.com/patches

--> Support Packages and Patches - Entry by Application Group

--> SAP NetWeaver

--> SAP NETWEAVER

--> SAP NETWEAVER 04

--> Entry by component

--> Application Server ABAP

--> SAP KERNEL 6.40 64-BIT

--> Solaris on SPARC 64bit

--> ORACLE

-

> DBATL640O92_51-20000223.SAR

In your case I would do the following:

- upgrade the database server and database client to 9.2.0.8

- upgrade to the latest kernel (46D_EXT kernel version)

- optionally (but recommended) upgrade to Oracle 10.2.0.4 and use 46D_EX2 kernels (if your OS allows)

If you keep on running those very old software nobody (including SAP) may not be able to help you in an emergency case.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

version??

SunOS ctvipr 5.9 Generic_118558-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12

Thanks for the link. I did reach there till Application Server ABAP but unfortunately I forgot 640 is downward compatible; I was looking for 4.6 D kernel we are currently in.

In your case I would do the following:

- upgrade the database server and database client to 9.2.0.8

We have plan further going to upgrade to this level.

- upgrade to the latest kernel (46D_EXT kernel version)

This one also we have in our planning list.

- optionally (but recommended) upgrade to Oracle 10.2.0.4 and use 46D_EX2 kernels (if your OS allows)

We are planning to go for 10G while going to upgrade to ECC6.

So, now I just wanted to make sure that could we update the BR* 640 without Kernel upgrade and the ones you are referring above?

Please let me know

Thank-you

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> SunOS ctvipr 5.9 Generic_118558-21 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-T12

Ok - so you can also install 10g

> Thanks for the link. I did reach there till Application Server ABAP but unfortunately I forgot 640 is downward compatible; I was looking for 4.6 D kernel we are currently in.

6.40 is not compatible - but 6.40 was initially delivered with Oracle 9.2 - that's the reason why the DBATOOLS can be found there.

> We are planning to go for 10G while going to upgrade to ECC6.

You can also do that before so you get some experience with the database.

> So, now I just wanted to make sure that could we update the BR* 640 without Kernel upgrade and the ones you are referring above?

Yes.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mentioned in the one of the replies.

Problem exists for a year.

So, are you getting good backups ??

Or is this a problem with Database + Archive operation only

Can kick off only Database backup only job

Also do make sure the locks are no there in sapbackup directory .lock .brb

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Issue has been resolved upgrading BRTOOLS; thanks for your time, effort and suggestions.

Thanks-much

Answers (0)