cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't find script install_root.sh anywhere to start dbimport phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am installing E-Sourcing on Solaris SPARC. I installed and configured E-Sourcing successfully ( I got the message that they finished successfully). But now I can't find script install_root.xml anywhere to run the db import.

Any help ?

Thanks very much in advance.

Mauricio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's an old thread but still applicable for sourcing 9.0. I was able to find the xml inside the jar file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to identify what needed to be done.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I mean: I can't find file install_root.xml to start the db import phase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mauricio,

Path to run DBImport is "\Esourcing51\bin\DBImport.sh"

after running the DBImport you need to navigate through dropdown list in DBImport window to get install_root.xml .

Note: You will not get this file by clicking on browsing, you need to click on dropdown list and select the path given in Installation Guide.

Regards

~Ankush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

I did that but when looking for file install_root.xml, it is not on anywhere. The guide says to look for it at fciinstall.jar/scripts/product/install_root.xml (below).

On the Setup tab of the DB importer, use the file picker to browse to and choose

fciinstall.jar/scripts/product/install_root.xml.

I tried to find it (find . -name install_root.xml -print) under the esourcing51 dir and also on the install dir but didn't find it.

Ideas ?

Thanks so much.

Mauricio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

Thanks. I understood what to do. Gave you points for your help.

Thanks a lot.

Mauricio

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush / Marc

Can you both please put the solution to this issue, its a recurring one for a lot of people trying to do this install

It would be really helpful

regards

tridip

tridip_chakraborthy
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the bebefit of the community, here is how you need to do this

The UI is a bit weird, so here we go...

Solution

you need to use the dropdown list and not go directly to the file system.

So once you pick the control it opens a file picker window. You should see the word Desktop in the window using the arrow next to Desktop scroll down until you see the fciinstall.jar. select this then scriptsà productà install_root.xml

Regards

Tridip