Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renaming a Basic IDoc type and related doubts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me out with the following Doubts:

- I have a requirement where I need to rename the basic IDoc type name for a custom IDoc from Z_SPEC_HDR to Z_TBS_SPEC.This Basic IDoc and all its segments are attached to a Request.

- I also need to change the segment name from Z_E1SPECHDR to Z_TENSSPES for the same IDoc.

- What is the significance of <b>SET RELEASE</b> option in we31 transaction?

Regards,

abhy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the segment is not released still u can go ahead and change the name.

In the request u have saved in, go to that request using SE10, and try deleting that object from the request. This u can do so.

If this is useful, award points pls.

Regards,

Bharadwaj

former_member404244
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u create a segment in we31 tcode and make it set to release ,u can change the segment further.

for example..

I have created a segment z1seg and and it contains 10 fields,and i have released the segment later one requirement came and now the field are 15 means 5 fields to be added.

Now we can't insert 5 fields to Z1seg,inorder to do that first cancel the release of the segment Z1seg and then we can add the 5 fields,it will accept...

Same thing for basic type also,ONCE U RELEASE U CAN'T DO ANYTHING So first cancel the release and make any changes ,it will accept and there won't be anyproblem..

Hoping this will help u

bye

nagaraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

You can do the rebuilding of the idoc type in WE30 transaction. Since you need to change a segment name from the name which is existing you need to copy it into the new name in WE31 and then release it once your requirement is done. Once that is done in WE30 attach the segment to the new idoc type. Releasing the idoc type/segment type should be done when you make the modification to the idoc structure whether its a field level change or a structural change.

To add to this only after adding the message type idoc type relation in WE81/WE82 you'll get it ready for import into SAP-XI.

Cheers

JK