cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh from one iview other iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a doubt, i have an application in Visual Composer, and this application in a page and in an iview in my portal, i want when i press a button, refresh another iview in the same page, is this possible? are there any tutorial with events?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had refresh working on a model. The way I did this was when a certain button was clicked I created a connector back to my data source RFC with the input fields I required to refresh the data. If this doesn't make sense let me know or maybe further expand on your situation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need this, i have two iviews (with one application in Visual Composer), and i want one data send to the other iview when i press a button...

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried with 'Signal In' & 'Signal Out' operators? If you want to pass values from 1 iview to another,then you have to use 'Signal Out' in first iview. Create string for each field & map it with required fields from first iview. Then you will get 'Output' port for that Iview. Then similarly create 'Signal In' & required Strings in second iview. After doing this you will get 'Output' port for first iview & 'Input' port for the second iview. Then just connect these two & you will be to pass values between these 2 views.

I hope this is waht you aer looking for.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you can try out what sandeep said, this works perfect for nested iViews. Not sure if this will work for two different container iViews also.

Make sure that the event name and signal out name are same.

Regards,

Rk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the signal in and signal out operators in order to communicate between the iViews, this is what they were created for.

the names of the signals should be the same name, as the contained fields inside those signals.

also, the signals send an EPCM (portal event) when called, so you can press a button in a VC iView that sends information using signal out (and the EPCM event) and capture this event in another iView that is not VC and use it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Answers (0)