cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do loop in mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a scenario where i am maintaing fields in rfc & i want to map the fields in rfc with out importing the complete structure(i have maintained all fields in 1 tab so in future if want to add any fields i can update in r3 no need to import again & map).I have tried using boolean function my condition satisfies for one field.i want to loop the field where it change for every field.i am maintaining the same structure target side aswell.

It would be great if any one can me help on this issue.

Thanks

ram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

If the Mapping is Message mapping.

This looping is possible through user-defind function only..Create Advanced function in used-defind function .

In advanced function you can pass the array of values input and you can return array of values.

I hope this could be possible through userd-defind function .

Regards,

Venugopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my scenario i have imported rfc where i have only fields tag & value,i have maintained values in rfc in tag its going to call dynamically,I hope if i do in this way in future if i want to add any fields no need to import the structure & map again.i can just add the value in xsd & my target is wsdl.my sceanrio satisfies for 1 field with boolean fuction but they were so many fields where it has to loop for all...can u please tell me how to use user defined function for my scenario..

(Can i ask u 1 question if i work with a custom idoc scenario & after doing complete scneario if i want to do add some more fields in idoc i need to import again &work there is another alternative)

If its not clear i will send with complete description what i am tring to do..

Thanks for your responses..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

1. The RFC and Idoc metadata should not be changed once it's imported.

2. If there are any changes to be made that you need to do them in the parent system and then reimport them.

3. IF you are trying to just use the metadata of the RFC and the RFC is not making a call then what you are trying to do is okay because it's just a metadata, but this is not the standard way followed.

Regards

Vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ram,

ASFAIK, wheneevr u make a chnage in your RFC, you will have to reimport and activate the RFC in XI.

I also am not able to understand the exact requirement you have and the need to loop through your RFC.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ram,

Have you considered writing a user defined function that might satisfy your mapping requirement?